• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

off grid living

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
So one thing that happened during my disappearance, was that i got rid of my home, and wife in town and moved of grid. i owned 3 acers out right i didn't feel much le paying mortgages and taxes any more. currently I'm living in a remodeled atco trailer until i build the new place which is being done out of pocket. im starting the build this summer and will be looking to learn from others mistakes.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So one thing that happened during my disappearance, was that i got rid of my home, and wife in town and moved of grid. i owned 3 acers out right i didn't feel much le paying mortgages and taxes any more. currently I'm living in a remodeled atco trailer until i build the new place which is being done out of pocket. im starting the build this summer and will be looking to learn from others mistakes.
Good for you, can't wait for the details as it goes. Are you going to post your progress?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats a good idea i have been collecting stuff but once the snow melts i plan to start work on the new place. i can photo doccument that. so far i have n atco trailer a maintenance tent up with a bunch of out buildings. for storage doing a photo shoot of moving the first part of the new building in last winter would have been a good shoot its 2 40 foot shipping containers welded togethe,r im planning on a 3rd which should give me a 24 by 40 footprint, and an outer shell that can stand up to the 90 mph winds that are possible. i want the walls insulated to r 30 and good windows the goal is to keep the heat in and burn around a hundred gallons of oil a year keeping things warm when im not there to feed the wood stove just heating the atco i have cut my fuel usage from a hundred gallons a month to 300 a year. i have collected a couple new pieces of equipment i now have a forklift a 966e loader and a 10 k tellahandler the tellahandler is like my sawzall i don't know how i got along without it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thats a good idea i have been collecting stuff but once the snow melts i plan to start work on the new place. i can photo doccument that. so far i have n atco trailer a maintenance tent up with a bunch of out buildings. for storage doing a photo shoot of moving the first part of the new building in last winter would have been a good shoot its 2 40 foot shipping containers welded togethe,r im planning on a 3rd which should give me a 24 by 40 footprint, and an outer shell that can stand up to the 90 mph winds that are possible. i want the walls insulated to r 30 and good windows the goal is to keep the heat in and burn around a hundred gallons of oil a year keeping things warm when im not there to feed the wood stove just heating the atco i have cut my fuel usage from a hundred gallons a month to 300 a year. i have collected a couple new pieces of equipment i now have a forklift a 966e loader and a 10 k tellahandler the tellahandler is like my sawzall i don't know how i got along without it.
The insulation is a very good idea with the containers. I have one at the Cabin, I think you need the insulation to keep it cool as much as to keep it warm. In the middle of winter with 10' of snow, when the sun is out, its hot in there. Ive seen some pretty nice container cabins. Looking forward to seeing yours.