• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

[NWS] Prank call

jillcrate

Mark Knopfler phones some dude up claiming hes been bangin his wife... I dont really think this type of prank is funny,THIS IS HOW RELATIONSHIPS END!!

However I find it very funny that they start yelling and swearing @ each other INSTEAD OF JUST HANGING UP :D

LOCAL MEDIA PLAYER NEEDED TO LISTEN

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spousal Betrayal is most likely the worst event in a marriage. Once announced it can unleash unbelievable pain and anger. I cannot think of a more cruel or inappropriate joke to play on someone.

Anyone who has ever loved and been betrayed would know. It's not at all funny.

Either legally or physically, I would have the radio guy's @ss.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Because of the foul language, I don't think this was on-air.
If you don't know, Mark Knopfler is a huge rock star. Lead singer of Dire Straits and one of the best guitar players ever.
I'm guessing he was put up to this prank by someone who knows the guy that was called. Once that got straightened out, everyone got a laugh out of it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A little research will tell you it wasn't Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits fame.
The dude doesn't even have a British accent.
Pass...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Because of the foul language, I don't think this was on-air.
If you don't know, Mark Knopfler is a huge rock star. Lead singer of Dire Straits and one of the best guitar players ever.
I'm guessing he was put up to this prank by someone who knows the guy that was called. Once that got straightened out, everyone got a laugh out of it.
I really don't care about the circumstances. This cavalier respect for the sanctity of marriage was a bad idea. Relationship betrayal is not a joke. It is brutal and the scars last a lifetime. Anyone who had endured the pain of spousal betrayal would be reminded of that catastrophic moment in their relationship with the offender.

There are a lot of guys looking for MILF's out there. And a lot of them are somebody's husband. USA marriages average 3 years these days. Creating a less than 50% survival rate.

I would suggest such a cavalier "Jerry Springer Show" attitude about the solemn promises of marriage/commitment contribute.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate shows like that. I also hate all those "pranked" shows that seemed to be so popular for a while. There just seems to be many things that could go wrong. Someone jumps out of the bushes in front of me, wearing a mask an carrying what looks like a machete ... BANG, BANG. Oh sorry man, I didn't realize that it was a joke. HA, HA! Does it hurt real bad? Ah shit!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know about anyone else but I could feel the pain in the husband's voice.

Not funny at all.

Despicable behavior no one should endure just for an audience laugh.