• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

North Conway #1 North America Ski Destination

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
13 ski resorts ?? They count funny. Or maybe the operative word is 'resorts' and not areas.

I'm glad to have moved a couple towns away. Wasn't even anywhere to drive a private snowcat in town.... but I did enjoy grooming at Cranmore years ago.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Already going insane.

Key is to live in the outskirts of town far enough away that Uber, Lyft, grub hub, door dash, eats, taxi, delivery, etc. don go.

Still some secret spots exist! This is true everywhere.

I will say that year round recreation opportunities, variety, and areas per square mile are compelling.

Many ski areas per square mile as well.
4000' and 2K vert is easy to beat!

Big pic? pandemic life needs lots of room and access not by air travel for now....

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Among other reasons for selling my house in N.Conway was that suddenly, the majority of my "neighbors" were short term rentals and the people were generally obnoxious. I got good money for it but then was in hot competition to get another house. Real estate sales are 50% higher than a year ago. Prices have shot up and many properties are selling for asking price or more within days or hours of being listed. There is no where that the people who work around here can afford to live.

There is only one ski area actually in N.Conway. The 3 others are between 10 and 30 miles away. Skiing is too expensive. Not just the tickets but the equipment and some of those people are wearing outfits that cost more than my car !!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
image004-1.jpg

image004-1.jpg

image004-1.jpg

image004-1.jpg

image004-1.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mmmmmmmmmmmm

according to ski magazine

they make a very clear, there are 2 number 1's, one in the east and one in the west and the two shall never be compared, for every oblivious reasons, like, the east's highest highest peaks is where the west's chairlifts start, and then there is the ICE...

and number #1 in the east is...

wait for it...

smugglers notch, VT

and number 1 in the west is,

Sun Valley, Idaho

there is ski Magazine and then, the rest of want to be ski magazines, it is the gold standard in the ski world