Nodwells

samwe

Yes, some do try to take advantage of it. During the 2015 hunt, there was a Hagluund back there that didn't have a permit. The chopper caught him way off of the trail so they wrote him up and took him to court. The dummy's defense was that since he didn't buy a permit, he didn't have to go by the terms of the permit which only allows you 100 yds off of the trail. The judge didn't agree with him.........

Bill

That wasn't the guy towing the side by side was it? Say them again this year. Seems like a violation of the no trailer rule. Rule breakers will get the rest of us locked out of there.

MNoutdoors

Tracked Evolution Central
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 174

Trackrig

That wasn't the guy towing the side by side was it? Say them again this year. Seems like a violation of the no trailer rule. Rule breakers will get the rest of us locked out of there.

I was thinking the same thing but a friend who was out there also from the legal profession, said no, the side by side couldn't be technically considered a trailer. I think he said because it had an engine in it and trailers don't have engines. That's a technicality, but that's what makes a difference in the legal system.

This is sort of like something I saw a long time ago. In Anchorage just about where Muldoon connects to the highway, three guys were towing one truck with another truck. The one being towed didn't have a engine in it.

They were going a little too fast and the truck being towed started to swerve back and forth. There were four guys crossing Muldoon and the forth guy was on crutches and therefore not moving as fast as others. The swerving towed truck hit the guy on crutches.

I gave a report to the police who came to ask questions a second time. It was interesting because they couldn't site the guy in the second truck as hitting the guy on crutches with a motor vehicle because it didn't have an engine in it. They were towing it to a shop to put an engine in it. The police were trying to figure out what to charge them with.