• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Next few days

OkeeDon

It's Thursday as I write this; I had to come back to Port St. Lucie because my wife needed some help with her Mother (101 years old), so I interrupted my dirt-moving. I'm headed back to Okeechobee in a few minutes. My laptop is still out for repair. I'll be closing some things up, moving some things around and making sure my generators are serviced. Then, back to Port St. Lucie to pick up lawn furniture, etc. on Saturday. If Wilma hits us, as looks likely right now, we'll likely be without power and internet for some period of time.

So, while I might get a chance to jump on late Friday or sometime Saturday, it's possible this may be the last time for a while. Love ya' all.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
It's Thursday as I write this; I had to come back to Port St. Lucie because my wife needed some help with her Mother (101 years old), so I interrupted my dirt-moving. I'm headed back to Okeechobee in a few minutes. My laptop is still out for repair. I'll be closing some things up, moving some things around and making sure my generators are serviced. Then, back to Port St. Lucie to pick up lawn furniture, etc. on Saturday. If Wilma hits us, as looks likely right now, we'll likely be without power and internet for some period of time.

So, while I might get a chance to jump on late Friday or sometime Saturday, it's possible this may be the last time for a while. Love ya' all.

Good luck with Wilma. We'll be looking forward to the reports after you get up and running again. :wave:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, what Bob said. Best of Luck. Look forward to hearing a report from you when you can.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be careful Don. Take care of the family.
We're wishing/praying/hoping that you and your area come out without major incident.
I have family in the Melbourne area who have yet to move back in after last year's hurricanes. None of you need this.

As a side note, we're on "W" for hurricane names. Has it ever reached "Z" and if so, what happens next?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BadAttitude said:
BC
The greek alphabet is next
starting with...Alpha
BA,
Don't know the greek alphabet but I can go through the military calls...
BC

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Don...... best of luck in getting past this next storm. Also, if it is any consolation, I can give you some advise about Wilma. I used to date her back in the 1960's. She is a wonderful woman, but has a temper that is as bad as they can get. You know how blonde's are. I am not certain which was more violent..... the wind before the storm, or the calm after the storm. All I can say is that every time, I rose to the occasion and I always found the rainbow that lead right to the pot of gold... :wave:

BoneheadNW

Junkman said:
Don...... best of luck in getting past this next storm. Also, if it is any consolation, I can give you some advise about Wilma. I used to date her back in the 1960's. She is a wonderful woman, but has a temper that is as bad as they can get. You know how blonde's are. I am not certain which was more violent..... the wind before the storm, or the calm after the storm. All I can say is that every time, I rose to the occasion and I always found the rainbow that lead right to the pot of gold... :wave:
Junk-
Shouldn't those comments be in the XXX thread? Oh, wait, you are the moderator. :pat:
Bonehead