• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Truck 2018 Toyota Tundra

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went and picked up that truck I mentioned in the Carvana or Dealer thread.
Love it.
Have had it home since Monday night. It is loaded. Has features I never expected to use, but live and learn.
The cruise control has radar hooked into it. I can set the space between my vehicle and the one in front of me and the truck will modify my speed to the vehicle in front of me. Big whoop huh?

Well, I found out I really like this. If I have my cruise set at 70 and I come up on a car going 67, and I can't pass because the passing lane is occupied. The truck will automatically adjust my speed to that of the car in front of me. Then when I can move to the passing lane it will resume going 70. For highway driving I find that very handy.

It has lane monitoring also. Not sure how that works yet. How can it tell I'm going out of my lane or if I'm passing another car? Somehow it knows.

Nice truck with a tow capacity of 10,700. just what I needed. :D
5DD257B1-0A3D-4D42-B2C0-0BE348500034.jpeg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My guess is that if you signal a lane change with a car beside you it will alert you to that other car...
Just a guess, but from what I have learned about our Chrysler 300C that has an adjustment to how far back you want your car from the one occupying the lane ahead. It has lights in the mirrors that come on letting you know some one is beside you.
That Tundra could be the same?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a cool truck, Doc! Though I have to admit, the wheels and tires could use a little bit of work. A few aftermarket ones should do the trick.
I blew a wad on the truck. I agree the wheels could stand to be upgraded but for now I'll hang with these. My first money will be put into upgrading the lame stereo. Older Toyotas had decent stereos. Toyota saved a few bucks and went cheap on the 2018 stereos. Dammit. :bonk:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My guess is that if you signal a lane change with a car beside you it will alert you to that other car...
Just a guess, but from what I have learned about our Chrysler 300C that has an adjustment to how far back you want your car from the one occupying the lane ahead. It has lights in the mirrors that come on letting you know some one is beside you.
That Tundra could be the same?
Yes, that is exactly how it works. Anytime something is in the blind spot a light on the side mirror comes on. Very handy. I got used to that feature on my car but found Toyota did not offer that for trucks until recently. Not sure how much it costs but it should be added to all cars just like seat belts.