• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to me Scorpion quad trac

Gannon

Hello friends of the snow cat world!

I scooped up this Scorpion quad trac this weekend. I am not sure what I will do with it yet long term but in the mean time I plan on getting it running and driving. It’s powered by a 500cc 2 cylinder arctic cat sprit. It doesn’t run at the moment. The engine is locked up. I did pull apart the top end after spotting a damaged piston through the intake. Next step it to either pull the engine or dig deeper with it in the machine. Anyways here’s some pictures of it.

Attachments

• E35FB60A-DD78-4B5B-AF91-220803799D6D.jpeg
    E35FB60A-DD78-4B5B-AF91-220803799D6D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 345C7D31-0489-4FD9-8940-2FF9AEB934DD.jpeg
    345C7D31-0489-4FD9-8940-2FF9AEB934DD.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to have you here. We LOVE photos.

Please keep us informed on the progress. With photos!

What are your plans for this unit?

Gannon

Glad to have you here. We LOVE photos.

Please keep us informed on the progress. With photos!

What are your plans for this unit?
I’m not certain if I’ll keep it long term. Going to get it running driving and see what happens when the snow falls. I’ll take it to Cat Clowder if I have room on the trailer

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
4-53 is a 3 cyl.

so it is decided. 2 cycle 3 cylinder detroit. Whoot Whoot!

Huh?

Gannon

4-53 is a 3 cyl.

so it is decided. 2 cycle 3 cylinder detroit. Whoot Whoot!

Huh?
4-53 is a 4 cylinder…..I have one hanging around. 4 cylinder 53 cubes a hole. 2-52 2 cylinder 43 cube and so on.

I’d like to just get this engine running or replace it like for like.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
4-53 is a 4 cylinder…..I have one hanging around. 4 cylinder 53 cubes a hole. 2-52 2 cylinder 43 cube and so on.

I’d like to just get this engine running or replace it like for like.
that extra cylinder might make it a bit heavy.....