• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New motor vehicle tax ... pay per mile you drive

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Want to social engineer society and move people into the cities? If so then tax people in rural and suburban areas for driving.

Saw this one coming mail away!

Senate infrastructure bill includes pilot program to test mileage tax on motorists

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg had floated the creation of a vehicle miles traveled system earlier this year as a way to fund an infrastructure bill.

Earlier this year, the Biden administration floated the idea of taxing motorists based on the number of miles they travel each year. Now, senators who crafted the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill are moving that idea one step closer to reality.
A pilot program to create a system for taxing drivers based on their vehicle mileage was slipped into Section 13002 of the legislation entitled, "National motor vehicle per-mile user fee pilot." Senators could change the language as they try to get a final version of the bill that can secure enough votes for passage.
Earlier this year, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg floated the creation of such a system during his confirmation process as a way to fund an infrastructure bill. The idea was later abandoned by the Biden administration.
The current draft legislation requires Buttigieg and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen to provide recommendations to Congress within three years, allowing lawmakers to decide then whether to impose a national per-mile tax.
The program would target “passenger motor vehicles, light trucks, and medium- and heavy-duty trucks” and suggest fees that “may vary between vehicle types and weight classes to reflect estimated impacts on infrastructure, safety, congestion, the environment, or other related social impacts."
It recommends seeking volunteers in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico to test various ways of tracking mileage, including through smart phone apps, third-party on-board diagnostic devices and "any other method” that Buttigieg considers appropriate.
"The Secretary, in coordination with the Secretary of the Treasury, and consistent with the recommendations of the advisory board, shall establish a pilot program to demonstrate a national motor vehicle per-mile user fee to restore and maintain the long-term solvency of the Highway Trust Fund and to improve and maintain the surface transportation system," the bill states.
"The objectives of the pilot program are to test the design, acceptance, implementation, and financial sustainability of a national motor vehicle per-mile user fee, to address the need for additional revenue for surface transportation infrastructure and a national motor vehicle per-mile user fee; and to provide recommendations relating to the adoption and implementation of a national motor vehicle per-mile user fee."

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I gotta wonder how long are we going to put up with this shit. Every day another new tax or some rule taking away our liberties. Venezuela, here we come.
Thats what the masks are for, to condition us to just do what we are told, no matter what.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We do pay per mile. It's called a fuel tax on every gallon of gas or diesel.

However, electrics don't pay this tax/fee and drive as many miles as they like on our roads for free. Sorta.

My solution is not to find a way to tax them AND fuel vehicles by the mile plus gas tax. That is unfair.

So I suggest, if they want this mileage thingy, we eliminate the fuel tax altogether and tax only by the mile. All vehicles.

Trucks, cars, buses, campers, the whole enchilada of them. Even Bicycles. Why not?

If so I would owe the IRS an additional $488.00 a year and so would the wife.

Over the road truckers, Roughly $27,000.00 a year.

In Missouri, all fuel taxes revenues must, by law, go to road construction, maintenance and repairs. It cannot go thru the general fund. I wonder if the Federal Government would do the same.

olivia24

We do pay per mile. It's called a fuel tax on every gallon of gas or diesel.

However, electrics don't pay this tax/fee and drive as many miles as they like on our roads for free. Sorta.

My solution is not to find a way to tax them AND fuel vehicles by the mile plus gas tax. That is unfair.

So I suggest, if they want this mileage thingy, we eliminate the fuel tax altogether and tax only by the mile. All vehicles.

Trucks, cars, buses, campers, the whole enchilada of them. Even Bicycles. Why not?

If so I would owe the IRS an additional $488.00 a year and so would the wife.

Over the road truckers, Roughly $27,000.00 a year.

In Missouri, all fuel taxes revenues must, by law, go to road construction, maintenance and repairs. It cannot go thru the general fund. I wonder if the Federal Government would do the same.
Since they are going to ban gas cars they have to find a substitute for the gas tax.