• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Justjim

Thanks for the add. Nothing really special about me. 5 yrs. in the Marine Corps, ride a Harley, and drive a Dodge truck.
Love white water rafting in WV, and other places. Have rafted the Gulley and New River several times. Been to all the States with the exception of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Alaska. Mostly on my bike.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Jim. I've rafted the Lower Gauley and the New Rivers. Also did the airplane ride with the ole fellow down there. Always had a blast when visiting that area.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it.
By the way, those are about the states I have not been to....been to 43 states.

Justjim

I have only rafted the Lower Gauley once. Rest of the time it was the upper. Haven't taken the Upper. There were 8 of us that would ride down at least once a year during guaranteed water in the fall, sometimes we'd go in the spring too. We'd do a lot of sight seeing because we'd go down a day or 2 early. We saw a guy parasailing on the Summersville reservoir one time, when they got close to the dam they made a turn to go around the little island, the wind was to their back then and he came down like a rock. The got him into the boat and headed back as fast as they could go. Think maybe he got hurt and they were getting him back to get some help. I'm getting old now but I think I could do it again, I just can't get any of them to go. We've lost a couple of them that went with us. Good times.

Reactions: Doc

Justjim

Thank you! I enjoy it too. Wish I'd come across this forum sooner!
Noticed your name, don't have a 300 H and H, but I do have a .50 cal. that I just about can't afford the ammo for it. Last I checked it was about $7.50 a round. It's match grade so that probably doesn't help much.