• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Hampshire Snowcat Usage/Events

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fellow snowcat/sno cat lovers,

I am trying to work with the NH OHRV to create/define areas for snowcats to be enjoyed. Right now I am working the vintage history and snow transportation in general angle because I think that route will be easiest and probably most well represented in the local collections.

Also I am working to create a Mt. Washington Auto Road event where we could run them up the mountain.

Not sure if anything will come of it but worth a shot.

Anybody who has ideas or pull with the state powers feel free to chime in! Emails and calls have been made. We shall see!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Talk to Trailbuilder,hes been doing a bunch to get permitted for use on snowmobile trails,He and his family have built a lot of the trails in central N.H. and have a good working relationship with the forest service and landowners.

undy

How about staging a charity event? A feel-good event is more likely to be met with open arms. Toys for Tots (Christmas-related, since that's our season.) or Make-a-Wish foundation or similar. What kid doesn't love a tracked vehicle (present company included!) ???

Once the event is accepted, you might have an easier time expanding into more personal uses.

A snowmobile club can apply for a special use permit that antique snowmobiles and snow cats can travel on the snowmobile trails with out being registered or meeting the requirements of being a snowmobile. We will be applying for a permit for several Sundays this winter. We did this last year and it went great. The first time we went to a local restaurant for lunch and the next time we had a trail side cook out. I hope to see a few more Tuckers and maybe even a lombard. :whistling:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I think the only trail i could safely run the Lombard on would be the railroad grade !!:biggrin::biggrin:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
irongoat found out soon not to say the word club to our forest service. it opens in up for needing permits.

Yes we learned that you cannot have more than 50 people gather on Forest Service land without a $100.00 permit. We make sure that our cookouts are on private land. When we use to have poker runs, we could not have a check point on F.S. land and we could not give the riders a map showing the route to take if it went over F.S. land. We had to show the check points on Private land and the the riders could get there however they wanted to. This seems to keep the F.S. happy. I'll keep my comments to myself cus I work with them a lot.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was down at Boston ski expo this afternoon. Mt Washington Auto road marketing guy was there. Was very receptive to getting the cats on the road .

Will be following up next week.

Talked to the piston Bulley rep for awhile also. He's a Maine guy. Was talking about s a Tucker up on loon the that is still in the woods. Story is they rolled it off the slope back in the day and it still sits .

Was the rep Josh? He is a good guy, we have bought two Trail Bulleys from him.
I heard that it was a muskeg that burned while hauling much hay. The next time I see Loon's maintenance manager I will ask him.
I will be up in your area next Saturday at the N.H. snowmobile trail master meeting.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think so. He's been there for awhile. He had a friend at the Cat's Meow knew about some of the cool rigs there.