• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Flight Jacket

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I collect Flight Jackets so I guess this is a hobby even though I never really thought about it too much. I have 2 leather A2 jackets, my favorite being a Cooper government issue jacket purchased back in 91 with a lot of overtime money, lol.

Today, I picked up a Valley Apparel Nomex 45P cold weather jacket off ebay for only 64 bucks. I am psyched.

va jacket.jpg

va label.jpg

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
119_2668.jpg I had a biker jacket painter replicate my father's WWII A-2 with the name of his B-24. I think it's a Eastman jacket. I have his original jacket but it is in poor condition. All those airmen were really skinny I couldn't fit into it anyway.

119_2669.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice. I'm a fan of those jackets also.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The jacket you bought are so comfortable. Good Deal!

That's awesome having a replica of your Dad's jacket. Sounds just like something I would willingly spend my money on as well.

Yeah, these jackets sell for $500 brand new, so yup, finding this for $64.00 I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough before he changed his mind. LOL.

Interesting side note on my jacket purchase, the owner contacted me and asked me if I would be willing to accept a whole bunch of AF patches along with some patches from the aircraft company he works for. Apparently he is a company flight instructor for the Dassault Falcon corporate jet. I said sure, throw them in the box with the jacket. He said it would take an extra day for him to get a bigger box. I wonder how many patches he is sending? I didn't dare ask. :yum::yum:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Very interesting. I surprised he let it go for that! Send a picture of the patches when you get them!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks good. My cat peed on mine last week. To bad he is to small to make into a jacket.
D*mn I'm mad. Guess it can be cleaned.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Very interesting. I surprised he let it go for that! Send a picture of the patches when you get them!

All joking aside about him changing his mind, it was an auction and I was the high bidder. I'm sure he swallowed hard over the amount but he has no choice but to sell in now.