• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NEED HELP FINDING AIR CLEANER ASSY.

weatherby

Can anyone help me on finding this air cleaner assy. This is a Ford 223 (1963) out of a 1963 THIOKOL 601

Attachments

• air cleaner.jpg
    air cleaner.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 205

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Weatherby,

Try Little Dearborn in St Paul Minnesota. I have found a lot of parts for older Ford Trucks. I am not sure they used the same air cleaner or if yours was modified but you can check them out.

murph

socal4t12

im also in the market for a 223 air cleaner assembly. here are a few home made ones ive seen.

Attachments

• 2222.JPG
    2222.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 9354_12.JPG
    9354_12.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 931e_12.JPG
    931e_12.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 189

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Does that have a carter carb.? I have a 62 willy's with a straight 4 that has a carter carb. The air cleaner is almost identical in the way it hooks to the carb. I hope this helps.

weatherby

Does that have a carter carb.? I have a 62 willy's with a straight 4 that has a carter carb. The air cleaner is almost identical in the way it hooks to the carb. I hope this helps.

Thanks Thcri, Socal4T12, & Bulldog for your help. I E-Mailed Little Dearborn no response yet. The pics of different set ups create a lot of ideas for me. The carb is a Holly 1bl. but I would think all one barrel carbs. are very close in size if not exact. That was something I didn't know about a willy's that gives me another avenue to take a look at. Would it be possible to get a pic. of that air cleaner assy. ? Thanks again guys

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
I will get you a picture as soon as I can. It is approx 30 miles away at my workshop. I hope to be there this weekend.

Billy

Try looking at a 1976 threw 80 ford 300 6cyl econoline van.
They had something very simular setup that may be able to adapt.