My Son Just Made A Bomb out of Sparklers!

Ironman

Holy crap!

He took about 10 packs of sparklers - #10's?? out of the package and wraped them up in black electric tape. He left one in the middle stick up to act as a fuse. When this thing went off I felt shockwaves inside my house from 100' away! Just from sparklers!

Needless to say, I said no more - no way - Sheriff's been out here too many times already, lol, but just as a warning to all parents, I'm sure this sparkler bomb could take a head off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EYdn9ukTgY&feature=related"]YouTube - SPARKLER BOMB for the 4th of july[/ame]

Ironman

Cool. I'll have to build one!!!
Just be careful!

I won't let my kids do this more than once a night at my house (out in the boonies), under my supervision, because it sounds like a pipe bomb+. This is alot more than a shotgun blast. You'll just have to try it to see, just be safe and report back! STAY SAFE!

urednecku

Site Supporter
Just be careful!

I won't let my kids do this more than once a night at my house (out in the boonies), under my supervision, because it sounds like a pipe bomb+. This is alot more than a shotgun blast. You'll just have to try it to see, just be safe and report back! STAY SAFE!

And ya know dern good & well there'll be several of us dumbasses gonna try it.:boom:Like Ironchef says, BE CAREFUL & STAY SAFE!!:boom:

BoneheadNW

It was one year ago plus or minus a few days, that a kid blew his hand off building such a stupid thing. He was 12 at the time.

I've seen to many injuries from crap like that to think it is anything but destructive.
Bonehead

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And ya know dern good & well there'll be several of us dumbasses gonna try it.:boom:Like Ironchef says, BE CAREFUL & STAY SAFE!!:boom:

Yup! And no doubt that alcohol may be involved too.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Hey, when I was a child, I really impressed my father by coming up with a booby trap that used string, wire, a rat trap, a loaded shotgun shell, a nail and some wood:D

Basically, you used the rat trap as the "ignition" system (started by "tripping" the string) that struck the nail (used as a firing pin) that hit the primer on the shotgun shell, which then caused the shell to go "boom".

Of course, I didn't come up with anything new, but I did come up with it as a kid without reading any books!

And I still remember when I got some real big "firecrackers" to light off in the back. He wanted to make sure he was with me, so we went down back, and he put one in some of that old cement "pourus" water pipe to see what it would do. He threw it in the pipe and we ran back towards the house (about 50 yards away). That puppy ("firecracker") blew that pipe to pieces, sailing in the air all over the place. Pieces even hit the roof of our house. Mom came running out screaming what the heck we were doing, and my dad blamed me!

Glink

Site Supporter
I uh 'knew a guy' who once made some arrows up that would put anything you ever seen on the Dukes of Hazard, or even Rambo, to shame. I am talking silently launched field artillery here, with a quarter mile range. An engineering degree and keen interest in things that go boom is a rather dangerous combination. Luckily he grew up and settled down quite a bit..........and still has all his digits. Now he just does boring crap like internet discussion boards and yard mowing.