• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

my new baby...

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
As some of you may or may not know.. my life is chaos right now post divorce... mostly of my own doing I admit... In doing so.. I have chosen to go back to one of my true fitness passions of cycling. I recently bought a Trek 5200 from my local shop (used) and have been riding the heck out of it. I put over 100 miles on it the first week I had it. There is a 20(1) mile ride every year at our local 4th of July celebration and my baby sis (the one I normally love, but don't like!) was so kind as to get out of bed early on the 3rd to get some pics of me riding. I thought I would post some pics to prove that I DO like to do things other than drink beer.... :) I also posted them in the photo's section of my profile.

And I know I am gonna catch hell for the shorts... to which I say.. let's race...

Attachments

• Ride3.JPG
    Ride3.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Ride1.JPG
    Ride1.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Ride2.JPG
    Ride2.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Ride4.JPG
    Ride4.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 185

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice tight shorts there big boy! :brows:

:whistling:

Actually, I'm just jealous 'cause my gut would be flopping over the top if I tried to squeeze into shorts like those. :eek:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Here's a pic of PB, just before a ride .....

Attachments

• 442-freak_174.jpeg
    442-freak_174.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 181

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry to hijack your thread, J. Cool wheels. Beats da heck outta my Miyata.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You make me jealous there Jeremy. I only have a Trek 820. And at most I can do about 30 miles in one trip. Well I guess I don't know as I have never gone over 25 before I run out of track. But am getting better each time by raising my average mph.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry to hijack your thread, J. Cool wheels. Beats da heck outta my Miyata.

LMAO Hijack away to poke fun at PB.

You make me jealous there Jeremy. I only have a Trek 820. And at most I can do about 30 miles in one trip. Well I guess I don't know as I have never gone over 25 before I run out of track. But am getting better each time by raising my average mph.

Most I have done so far is about 22.. I have done about 6 20 mile rides in the last couple weeks. I had originally planned on going with a new Trek 1.5, but for $300 more I could get into this used bike and be full carbon fiber. It was an easy call really. My goal is similar in that I want to continue to raise my average speed over the miles.... I have been averaging 17 to 18 and steadily climbing. It's been so unbearably hot and muggy lately that I have not gotten a good ride in since LAST Friday. I have kicked around getting competitive down the road.. I have some guys here in town i can train with...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have been averaging 17 to 18 and steadily climbing. It's been so unbearably hot and muggy lately that I have not gotten a good ride in since LAST Friday. I have kicked around getting competitive down the road.. I have some guys here in town i can train with...

No one to train with around here. My last trip I finally hit an average of 15mph. I still have a lot of weight and fat to go yet so I don't expect to do much better on the average for a while. There is a Tour De-Pepin in our area that has a 12 mile, a 34 and an 80 mile around Lake Pepin. I would love to do the 80 mile next summer.

I have a program on my Blackberry Storm called AllsportGPs. It is GPS enabled and will keep track of your trips for you automatically, keep your mph, calories and places you on a map. I have done in the last 5 weeks 280 miles.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here they have a weekend trip to Southern Ohio. It's usually 3,000 riders biking 210 miles on Saturday and Sunday. This year with road detours it was 226 miles :doh:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:ohmy: how on earth did I miss this thread????!!

Jeremy.. Jeremy, Jeremy...
RawwwwwwRRRRRRRRRRRR!! :yum:
Excellent physique!
Like the bike too.. not that I looked at the bike much :yum::yum::yum::yum:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
:ohmy: how on earth did I miss this thread????!!

Jeremy.. Jeremy, Jeremy...
RawwwwwwRRRRRRRRRRRR!! :yum:
Excellent physique!
Like the bike too.. not that I looked at the bike much :yum::yum::yum::yum:

:blush: Aw shucks. Thanks PG :flowers:

Still no ride in this week.. too much softball... then I have Hannah when I am done doing that...:clap:

mak2

I did not know you were a cyclist. I am a "pretty" dedicated commuter, I ride about 14 miles each way. I generally ride about 100 miles a week for 7 of 8 months a year. Riding is good for your head too, if you know what I mean. Nice bike, I ride a Surly Crosscheck to work and have a Fuji Newest 1.0 and Grand Prix. There are a couple more of us on here.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Nice to see you have found a focus to help you through the difficult times you have encountered Clarkson,i hope you find peace and happiness in your new journey.:thumb:

Nice legs by the way...now on ya bike:yum::yum::yum:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice to see you have found a focus to help you through the difficult times you have encountered Clarkson,i hope you find peace and happiness in your new journey.:thumb:

Nice legs by the way...now on ya bike:yum::yum::yum:

Thanks Galvy. This week has been especially trying. Being called Clarkson brought a smile to my face that was much needed. Hannah is here now so that will liven things up some. :clap:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Thanks Galvy. This week has been especially trying. Being called Clarkson brought a smile to my face that was much needed. Hannah is here now so that will liven things up some. :clap:

Keep smiling m8....things will get better....trust me:wink:

And a big Hi to Hannah.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aww I'm glad Hannah's there with you Jeremy!
.. oh, and I get Galv's Clarkson reference. :smile:.. 'tis cute.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I love my daughter... I do... and I did not even get mad at her last night.... I had asked her to hold it while I aired up her tire.... she dropped it. Now the front derailer won't shift up to the big ring I always ride on.... It's gonna cost me some bucks to fix and I am into this thing about all I can afford already.. I will take it to the bike shop Wednesday and see what they say... it was an accident.. no sense in yelling at her even though she was being a little careless. She doesn't understand that she can't drop mine like she does hers....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The derailer can be fixed or replaced. I do know that ten years from now you will remember this time and laugh. Seems like I remember most the mess ups and laugh about em.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
The derailer can be fixed or replaced. I do know that ten years from now you will remember this time and laugh. Seems like I remember most the mess ups and laugh about em.

I am 99% sure the problem is in the ultegra shifter.... I may call the shop here in a bit and get a preview of what I have coming to me...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's the one thing I miss...riding a bike like that. I used to ride when I was younger but now, my leg just won't let me get more then a block. Permanent muscle damage in my right leg due to an accident when I was 5.

mak2

If your bike just fell over and it did not work after that you can almost always bend it right back out into place. If you bend it back just tweak it till it makes no noise at all while you are riding. Worse case is the cable might have broke, maybe 10 bucks for the bike shop to fix it. Got pics?

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
If your bike just fell over and it did not work after that you can almost always bend it right back out into place. If you bend it back just tweak it till it makes no noise at all while you are riding. Worse case is the cable might have broke, maybe 10 bucks for the bike shop to fix it. Got pics?

I can't see what's wrong. I looked and it should be a minor thing. Called the LBS today and think I will be out less than $50 to fix it. I will take in on Wednesday since I am taking the day off.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I took mine in tonight just for a tune up and fix the front shifter. The plastic has cracked on it and now slips on the handle bars and does not stay in third. He asked me if anything else was wrong and I told him that through 4th, 5th and 6th sometimes it slips. He got out some device that measures the chain and he told me the chain was worn out. Ok simple, replace it yeah??? No if the chain is worn more than likely the gears are too. Ok now that seems to be more than I paid for the bike. Well maybe not. I told him to just adjust it the best he could and I will give the bike to my wife. She has always like my bike and rides very little. So it should be good for her. I will ride it for the rest of the summer and maybe get a new one this fall when prices drop.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OMG I joined a cycling forum through all this... posted about my mishap and some jerkwad jumped in with this totally condescending attitude about my need for a "reality check." I unloaded on his ass and told him where to take it. I already got a PM from someone asking me to join a new forum they are starting because of attitudes like that asshole. Then the asshole came back with MORE attitude... so I swung again.. on the bright side, there were some GOOD replies in there too that I can learn from. I am almost to 4000 posts btw.. only need 15 more after this!

Kwiens

Jeremy,

Do you have a local bike shop in Sterling or do you use Harley's in Hutch?

Not to minimize your financial pain but wait until Hannah is a teenager......my 15 year-old son ran my JD garden tractor into a tree last week while mowing (to see if he could save some time!). I paid Prairieland Partners $165 today for a new side panel and spent 30 minutes moving the front pedestal back into proper alignment...........

K

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I bought it at Harley's and that's where I will be headed. I have to admit that Hannah has a lot of her daddy in her and this is not likely to be the first thing she gets into my wallet for. The sad thing was that last night she heard me talking to a friend on the phone about it and told me to go to her mom's so she could get her wallet to give me money to help pay for it.:good: I told her absolutely not that it was an accident and she did not have to help pay for it. Certainly tugged at daddy's heart strings though...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The sad thing was that last night she heard me talking to a friend on the phone about it and told me to go to her mom's so she could get her wallet to give me money to help pay for it.:good: I told her absolutely not that it was an accident and she did not have to help pay for it. Certainly tugged at daddy's heart strings though...

Well I know what your talking about there. Now when stuff happens I try not to let the kids know what the damage is. Kids wrecked the front end of the boat two years ago. They told me they hit something and I should check the stern to make sure no damages. There was none but later that night when putting the boat away I notice the hull had some severe damage to it. To this day they don't know about it.

Last edited:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great day for me people. My first Grandchild/grandson was born today and now my New Baby as Jeremy would call it arrived via UPS.

So now it is a waiting game getting rid of the snow and I am on the road again. Can't wait.

Attachments

• My Bike smaller.jpg
    My Bike smaller.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 114