My Grandsons and aviation.....

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It's been an intresting week around my house this week.....One Grandson took his seat in a CRJ-200 for Delta airlines and another boarded a Navy jet on his way to learning how to land on an aircraft carrier....As a former commercial pilot myself I feel very proud of their choices......:smile:

It's been an intresting week around my house this week.....One Grandson took his seat in a CRJ-200 for Delta airlines and another boarded a Navy jet on his way to learning how to land on an aircraft carrier....As a former commercial pilot myself I feel very proud of their choices......:smile:

Sounds like a great future for them. I started in aviation as an A&P and wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats. That is truly awesome news. I can only imagine landing a jet on a carrier. it must take nerves of steel. :clap: :clap:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Carrier Jocks - ya baby! That's flying!

Problem is transitioning to a stable strip, 10,000 feet long. Used to fly USAir quite a bit - never had a nice landing. To this day I believe they only hired Navy pilots.

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I also started out as an A @P also....Worked on a lot of small planes in my backyard
.....The airport was the hwy.....It was quite a while before i moved to a hanger and a real airport.....