• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mt Washington Tucker Sno Cat 443

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
After several years since Track Addict found and hauled home the Mt Washington Tucker sno-cat, model 443, he and I have made a new deal and this very historically important east coast cat will be restored and will be staying on the East coast,

He is the new old owner,

Track Addict is going to give it a full restoration and I will be happy to provide the missing correct body parts, and pontoons/tracks have been found, so, it looks like he is off to a good start...

Track Addict has a wealth of stories and history about Mt Washington, and about the 443 and 743 that lived on the Mountain

fullsizeoutput_4ff.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4fe.jpeg

IMG_7108_1.JPEG

IMG_3352.JPG

Last edited:

230 Pilot

SUPER Site Supporter
After several years since Track Addict found and hauled home the Mt Washington Tucker sno-cat, model 443, he and I have made a new deal and this very historically important east coast cat will be restored and will be staying on the East coast,

He is the new old owner,

Track Addict is going to give it a full restoration and I will be happy to provide the missing correct body parts, and pontoons/tracks have been found, so, it looks like he is off to a good start...

Track Addict has a wealth of stories and history about Mt Washington, and about the 443 and 743 that lived on the Mountain

View attachment 131733

View attachment 131734

View attachment 131735

View attachment 131736
Awesome

nikos

MY HUMBLE OPINION

The side door section of the Mt Washington Tucker Sno -Cat is a piece of evidence. The appearance of other parts on the Tucker do not match the image and the appearance of the door section.

Nikos

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Few things changed along the way with the thinking on this project. My skill set and parts stash has grown over the past few years. Initially it seemed over my head and the missing parts unobtanium. Over this time, I watched many of you do much nicer restorations with less bones. My 1443 is a Radio Cat from the tallest Mountain in Massachusetts so having another Radio Cat from the Tallest Mountain in NH/East coast seemed fitting.

My family spends as much time as we can in the Mt. Washington Valley and each trip we see Washington way in and out. The pandemic has increased our time spend up there. Kids and I always say hello, goodbye to the mountain head away from or back into Massachusetts reality. Lately, we have been talking about our Tucker that lived up there.

Last week I was contacted by someone researching the history of this cat for a related story. We got to talking and I learned some new history and it got me thinking about the project. There will be come cool info coming about at some point that I will share. Some of the info involves a recent conversation with Marty on the Mountain reminiscing of his days in the Old Tucker. It was always rescuing the other snowcats!

Here is some history:https://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/threads/mt-washington-wmtw-channel-8-snowcat-history.70996/

So after a full triage, some conversations and parts inventory this is going to be a project. Looking forward to sharing it with you all and what history comes with it. Goal is to see this 1953 Tucker Model 443 Sno Cat Corp #26 back up top one day under it's own power. Big thanks to Jinn in advance for the support I will need and a very key piece missing from this cat.

Restoration will most likely include a few serviceable upgrades but will visually look like the pictures above and original. More to come on the build thread. This one will move at a much slower pace and will take years to complete so sit tight.