• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moving companies

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Name some good or bad moving companies you've dealt with.

IMHO, the WORST ever moving company is First Class Moving and Storage. I'll spare you all the details but suffice it to say they WILL FUCK YOU at every step of the process. Sure, their upfront bid is cheaper than their competition but they nail you every step of the way once you sign.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Graebel moved us for our last move. We were in process of building so we had stuff going to long term storage, short term storage and our temp housing. Overall I'd give the company a B. They did pretty good but you have to keep an eye on them and be ready for them. When they come to pack they pack everything, Really. Everything. They packed a trash can with trash in it. They packed an ashtray with cigs in it. They packed my wife's purse, luckily she caught that before it was sealed.

I had started working in the new location and was not there to help get the house ready so part of the blame is mine for them packing stuff that should never have been packed. In addition to a whole lot of furniture we had an 8 person hot tub. All was moved with minimal damage. A VCR was dropped and busted and one other item I can't remember. Nothing major. I would use them again but hope I never need them again.

JG0203

I can only recommend Armstrong Moving It was a great experience. They give an honest quote right up front. The process is clearly explained and the customer service is impeccable. I'm certain that I would have spent a lot more if I choose one of those named companies above.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We moved every 5 years or so growing up but always in the same town. So we used family and friends and rented a truck. Even when I moved to the city 3 hrs away, I did it using my friends enclosed trailer making a trip every week.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was far worse than a "negative experience". Do you work for them?

Kevers

I used movers last year and had no problems with them. I don't move all that often, but I thought they did a good job and were more affordable than some of the other movers I got quotes from. Would probably use them again if I had to move, but luckily I don't have to. I hate moving.

link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

KitKat2023

I liked Two Men and a Truck where I live in the Eastern US as well!! Very polite and careful with my items.

I wish I could remember who my husband's company used when we moved cross country. They were okay, but damaged a few items and we had to get reimbursed.