• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

mini truck for grooming

zenchal26

has anyone used one of those japanese mini trucks to goom with. Thinking of getting one and need some input.

mtmogs

I've not heard of anyone grooming with one, but sounds like an interesting idea.

attachment.php

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have worked on, drove, broken, hated, swore at these mini piles of crap.................. I do not know why people think these are great deals?????? The parts are next to impossible to buy. The prices are outrageous to purchase one for what they are. 5k+ for a 10-20 year old truck. Yea low KMs for the year, yea right the reason they sell them with low miles is they are not built to last. I would hate to see what one would look like after 1000 miles of use with tracks on them. The only UTV that I have seen (I work on ATV's and UTV's for a living) is a Kubota that is built hefty enough to use tracks on. No we do not sell Kubota. The reason these mini piles are not allowed to have car truck license is they are very unsafe to drive on the highways. Cannot keep speed they can hardly keep 35-40mph up a small hill. Granted this is at 4500 ft elevation. at sea level maybe this is different. I beg you to try one for a week to see what you really think. You may be sorely disappointed.... Make sure you check the MPG in MILES per gallon not Kilometers per gallon It will surprise you. I worked on one for a long time and the old gent could just not believe he could only get 20mpg he was told it would get 40-50 KMPG... Good luck I will not rate them high they are third world piles if you ask my opinion... My rant is over anything else ask........:whistling:

zenchal26

I have a Kubota rtv with tracks on it and it will pull a drag but at 1-2 mph. I spent $11,000 on it and after talking with some people I could get it to go faster with a turbo and a set of soucy tracks for a total of $9,000 more! I don't have that kind of money to through at it. I'm looking for a good alternative. I don't want to go fast just 5 mph or so but I do want the enclosed cab, heat, and radio.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
The RTV has more torque than the 660 in the mini truck 25hp 53ftlbs of torque compared to the mini's 35hp at 7000rpm's 35ft lbs of torque. How long do you think the mini's engine is going to last at 7000 rpm???? I think your rtv would out pull it. If not step up to the 1100 RTV it would.

zenchal26

was the toyota a mini like this one or was it a regular truck
OOPS wrong forum

Attachments

• 100_2231.jpg
    100_2231.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,303

zenchal26

Rtv 1100 has 3 more hp than the 900 can’t see that making much difference. Like I said the 900 has the power to pull the drag in low but it's a turtle. Top speed with tires is less than 25mph seems like its geared way low and with the tracks on it's geared down even further.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have worked on Suzuki, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi, and Mazda. They were all horrible to work on. Parts are hard to find expensive when you do. Suzuki were the best to find parts for. They are high maintenance underpowered. The ones I have seen and drove do not have a hitch.... This leads me to believe they were not ment to pull anything. I am not saying they would not pull the drag but it would not prob be any faster than your utv. I do not see the clutch holding up at all it is about 6 in in dia. I would find someone that has done this see what they recommend.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rtv 1100 has 3 more hp than the 900 can’t see that making much difference. Like I said the 900 has the power to pull the drag in low but it's a turtle. Top speed with tires is less than 25mph seems like its geared way low and with the tracks on it's geared down even further.

I would not look at Hp. torque is what is moving the drag not high rpm Hp.