• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mass shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis

Roofgardener

It appears someone with an automatic gun (!?!) has killed 8 people (and injured several more) before killing himself.

BBC report (so wear a clean shirt, you grubby colonials)

How do you get a fully automatic weapon ? (e.g. a machine gun).

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It appears someone with an automatic gun (!?!) has killed 8 people (and injured several more) before killing himself.

You get a license to own one or you build it yourself. Making them illegal will not stop bad people from using one. Any more than posting speed limits makes everyone a safe driver.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

We will see. the media often does not understand what fully automatic means. With regularity they confuse this with full auto fire.
Back when our Dem controlled DOJ burnt out and killed the Branch Davidian's in Waco Tx., they claimed they had full auto rifles.
This was disproven and turned out to be an out right lie. Common for media to muck up this sort of thing.

Roofgardener

We will see. the media often does not understand what fully automatic means. With regularity they confuse this with full auto fire.
Back when our Dem controlled DOJ burnt out and killed the Branch Davidian's in Waco Tx., they claimed they had full auto rifles.
This was disproven and turned out to be an out right lie. Common for media to muck up this sort of thing.
Ah right.. I'm not sure what the difference is ? However, this gun was also described as a 'sub-machine gun' ?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Full auto... Guns fires as long as the trigger is depressed.
Semi auto... Gun fires once for each pull of the trigger.

So hard to understand... yet the media are as usual clueless idiots.
Sub machine guns are ones that use pistol calibers, in other words, small less powerful amunition.

Roofgardener

Full auto... Guns fires as long as the trigger is depressed.
Semi auto... Gun fires once for each pull of the trigger.

So hard to understand... yet the media are as usual clueless idiots.
Sub machine guns are ones that use pistol calibers, in other words, small less powerful amunition.
OK, the report explicitly states that this was a fully automatic weapon. A witness described it as a 'submachine gun', but they where only speaking colloquially. They could have meant anything from an MP5 to an Ingram Mac-10 ?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I heard there was no evidence that a bump fire stock was used in the Vegas shooting but it was an excuse to chip away at our gun rights. We know machine guns are already illegal in most states but this might be an excuse to ban all of them in all states. This could have been planned, just like Fast & Furious.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Until I see pics of the gun, and see what it is, I will not comment.
Just know the Media are not always truthful. This is true today more than any time in history.
We are being fed propaganda daily. Trouble is way to many people assume that since it is the media, it has to be the truth.
Gun controls do not work. Never have, and never will. To many will never comply. Not enough LE to enforce.

Roofgardener

I heard there was no evidence that a bump fire stock was used in the Vegas shooting but it was an excuse to chip away at our gun rights. We know machine guns are already illegal in most states but this might be an excuse to ban all of them in all states. This could have been planned, just like Fast & Furious.
About half of Stephen Paddock's guns had bumper stocks ?

Roofgardener

Until I see pics of the gun, and see what it is, I will not comment.
Just know the Media are not always truthful. This is true today more than any time in history.
We are being fed propaganda daily. Trouble is way to many people assume that since it is the media, it has to be the truth.
Gun controls do not work. Never have, and never will. To many will never comply. Not enough LE to enforce.
Fair points ! Thus far, however, the news has been coming from local TV stations, which don't tend to follow national agendas ?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

First off, the gun was NOT a fully automatic weapon.

It was a simple semi-auto firearm that was used. Some reports saying it was a semi-auto AK copy.

Second, the shooting took place is a so-called "Gun Free Zone" so we see how well those laws work. It is illegal to defend yourself with your legally owned gun inside a gun free zone. You can transport a gun into one of those zones if you are employed there, but it must be unloaded and locked in a compartment in your vehicle. I've been in that situation many times on school property here. I can drive onto the property for specific reasons but cannot carry the gun into the building. Honestly people will be left unable to protect themselves or others, criminals will always ignore laws.

Third, while this crime appears to have been committed with a common semi-auto, it is legal in the state of Indiana to own fully automatic weapons. We have some of the loosest gun laws in the world in my state. I know many people with fully automatic machine guns and sub-machine guns. Pretty common here. There are lengthy background security checks you must go through, costs are prohibitive for legal ownership of most of these weapons. Something like a Thompson 1921 or 1928 sub-machine gun can easily run upwards of $20,000 to over $30,000 for the gun, not including the licensing costs. They are typically owned by collectors.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

I'm not hearing any more about the gun being a machine gun. I think the lying liars in the lying news medias that always lied again.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not hearing any more about the gun being a machine gun. I think the lying liars in the lying news medias that always lied again.
I never saw ANY report of it being a fully automatic anything, one report of it possibly being a semi auto AK type, most reports don't even say it was a semi auto.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
. A witness described it as a 'submachine gun', but they where only speaking colloquially. They could have meant anything from an MP5 to an Ingram Mac-10 ?
Witness? My bet is a left wing shill, or a writer who is taking the story over the top for ratings. Liar's? For the ratings, you bet....
Yet one more example of why the media are the enemy. Journalism is dead. Propaganda rules the MSM these days. Until we clean out Journalism and put accountability back into Journalism, we will face the same bull shit we are now. The media must pay for this. We must hold them accountable. If we were to throw tainted Journalists in jail for a few months when they print or by other means perpetuate lies, this bull shit would be over tomorrow. It may take protests on our collage campuses in front of Journalism departments to change this.
It may take putting professors who teach Journalism majors in jail before they decide to change to reporting the truth.
I know I would gladly take part in a college campus protest of the garbage the left is teaching our children. These ass holes need reamed...

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I never saw ANY report of it being a fully automatic anything, one report of it possibly being a semi auto AK type, most reports don't even say it was a semi auto.
I heard it on the local radio stations in Omaha, NE.

Roofgardener

It was in the original BBC article, but it has since been edited to remove the phrase.

The witness, however, maintained that it was a 'submachine gun' ?

Roofgardener

Witness? My bet is a left wing shill, or a writer who is taking the story over the top for ratings. Liar's? For the ratings, you bet....
Yet one more example of why the media are the enemy. Journalism is dead. Propaganda rules the MSM these days. Until we clean out Journalism and put accountability back into Journalism, we will face the same bull shit we are now. The media must pay for this. We must hold them accountable. If we were to throw tainted Journalists in jail for a few months when they print or by other means perpetuate lies, this bull shit would be over tomorrow. It may take protests on our collage campuses in front of Journalism departments to change this.
It may take putting professors who teach Journalism majors in jail before they decide to change to reporting the truth.
I know I would gladly take part in a college campus protest of the garbage the left is teaching our children. These ass holes need reamed...
That's... an extraordinary statement ?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's... an extraordinary statement ?
It is a factual and truthful statement.
Professors who steal the minds of our childern, or select only liberals for advancement in Journalism department in State Universities, we need to take a look at that. This one sided, long term plan to exclude and politicize and polarize the minds of students is evil as the devil himself.
Surely your aware of Soros. That A hole of a human being. Great plant fertilizer. He influences Universities with grants and stipends for students.
His organizations, and influence has global reach. He represents the most evil people on the planet. You must find him were ever his influence is, and understand he is trying to change the course and history of the human race.
How is that for extraordinary?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was in the original BBC article, but it has since been edited to remove the phrase.

The witness, however, maintained that it was a 'submachine gun' ?
Witnesses, as anyone who has served in the legal system know, are notoriously unreliable.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As I expected here in Indiana. Got to love a freedom loving state.

Full story is at the link above. I approve of no additional restrictions based on emotional appeals and endorse the recently passed Senate Resolution 39 that opposes both state and federal restrictions on lawful gun ownership.

No Indiana gun law changes on tap following mass shooting in Indianapolis

State Sen. Eddie Melton, D-Gary, was unsuccessful in his last-ditch effort to advance legislation tightening Indiana’s gun laws following Thursday’s mass shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis that killed eight people.
The two-term Region lawmaker, along with state Rep. Ed Delaney, D-Indianapolis, attempted during a House-Senate conference committee meeting Monday to strip a variety of education policy changes from Senate Bill 413 and insert their plan for new gun restrictions.
Specifically, their proposal would have required universal background checks for all gun sales in Indiana and banned the sale of assault weapons, defined as any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic, or burst fire at the option of the user.
“Last week’s shooting in Indianapolis was a tragedy. It’s heartbreaking to know that eight families are now in mourning because of a senseless act of violence,” Melton said.
“Indiana residents have already voiced their desire for gun safety laws, like universal background checks, to reduce the violent cycle that has become the norm in our nation. All Hoosiers want is the freedom to do everyday tasks like go to work, attend school and run errands without fearing for their lives because elected leaders have once again failed to act on the issue of gun violence.”

Melton said the gun proposal was blocked by state Sen. Jeff Raatz, R-Richmond, who told him it was not germane to the underlying education legislation and would be rejected by the Republican-controlled Senate.
Last week, the Indiana Senate overwhelmingly adopted Senate Resolution 39decrying federal and state limitations on the right to keep and bear arms, including all restrictions on types of firearms or ammunition capacity.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
" banned the sale of assault weapons, defined as any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic, or burst fire at the option of the user." Shows how stupid they are regarding "assault rifles". What they described is a military weapon.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
" banned the sale of assault weapons, defined as any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic, or burst fire at the option of the user." Shows how stupid they are regarding "assault rifles". What they described is a military weapon.
Right!

So the guy didn't use a select fire weapon but the honorable State Representative from Gary basically says let's go ahead and ban weapons that have nothing to do with the crime committed, let's create a law that doesn't address what happened, and let's criminalize honest citizens. Did I miss anything?