• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

M-37 help?

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I picked up an M-37 project.
Actually, and this is no lie, my wife wanted it. No, really.
I'm trying to locate a drivers side door.
Any ideas in FF land?

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Problem with ebay is shipping. Almost no one will ship to Alaska and when they do its UPS Blue (UPS doesn't even ship in this town) and its very expensive. I found a door for $75 last summer on ebay. Shipping was $650. I didn't buy the door.

KRC

You might want to try Patson E. A. Parts and Equipment Co. in Anchorage.
I get parts from them for my M-37. They will know where to get one if they don't have one. I just took a picture today of mine when I was plowing. Here it is, mine is a 1953.
907-333-5682

Attachments

• P1160885.JPG
    P1160885.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 208

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I picked up an M-37 project.
Actually, and this is no lie, my wife wanted it. No, really.
I'm trying to locate a drivers side door.
Any ideas in FF land?

Gary's Trucks may have them in Anchorage.
1537 E Dowling Rd, Anchorage, AK 99507-1912
Phone: (907) 563-3922

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll check it out.
Gary in Los Anchorage is pretty proud of his $hi7.
I have a '53 as well...

Attachments

• m37a.JPG
    m37a.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 202

KRC

I see one of your headlights looks busted. Patson has bulbs for them also. I broke a front axle a few years ago and they had a new one instock all at very reasonable prices. I think the axle was like $70.00. I broke it right at the knuckle joint. Did the stupid plow was frozen in and tried to pop the clutch to brake it loose and broke my axle also. Needless to say I don't do that anymore.

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Did you keep the 24vt system or convert to 12?
I purchased a headlight from ebay...$25...but it is NOS and fits nicely.
It actually doesn't look as bad as the photo anymore.
It was originally from one of the villages on the Yukon and needed all the glass replaced.
Right now the door is my priority.

KRC

I still have the 24V system. Seems to work fine so not likely to change. The flat head six purrs like a kitten and have never had any trouble starting it at any temp. (knock on wood)