• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for Tucker sprockets or cores

Wrench9

IMG_1965.jpg

Wrench9

Anyone know where I might find 4 sprockets or cores to recover I am going to purchase a partially restored tucker and it is missing the 4 rear drive sprockets and possibly one hub. It may be possible to make a core to recover if I need to but it would be a lot of labour on my part

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Sprockets are available from Tucker but not the drums. I had to fabricate my replacement drums and install new sprockets from Tucker. The new sprocket cores are much heavier and have the flat teeth.

28ED8E36-5CB2-42BB-9660-8FE463FC3560.jpeg
BB662674-6227-4303-9DDF-0BF3C735D04C.jpeg

Wrench9

That is my plan for the drums. I got one with the pile of parts so I have a good pattern and only need to make one I was thinking about making a set of cores to send to get recovered as I suspect the sprockets from tucker will be at least an arm and possibly a leg too

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, an arm and a leg each so hopefully you have a friend or two. $500 but if you wanted a 2 track cat you would have bought one;). The most important thing with the drums is the offset, I had 3 different ‘makes’ and one had a different offset which caused side wear on the sprockets.

this is what happens when the sprockets get loose on the drum.

Attachments

• B82B8020-1CED-4882-861B-4370222AD0E4.jpeg
    B82B8020-1CED-4882-861B-4370222AD0E4.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 89

Wrench9

ouch that broke up bad I alreadt have a 2 track machine that I just replaced all bearings sprockets and belting on. I looked for a tucker but couldnt find one then t
IMG_2066.jpg
his one fell into my lap and I couldnt pass it up Go it home tonight I will have to see what I am missing hopefully not to much. i am in canada so that 500 just about doubles by the time i get it here with duties etc

Wrench9

I sure would like to have a tooth off that old sprocket or the measurements of one with the rubber removed so I could see exactly what I may try and fabricate to get recovered

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
I can send a couple of those teeth via USPS international priority mail, I think it is minimum $30 to get the box over the border. Do you have a good sample of a sprocket, I could include a paper template of a new pointed tooth and the newer flat tooth sprocket If needed. Send me a message with your address and I will get it out this week.

Rob Miller

Wrench9

I have a good pointed tooth sprocket that is on the other axle that i could make a template from but not a flat one. I may have a line on a couple cores from another guy but he has not gotten back to me as of yet. I wonder if you could scan and email me a template that i could print out. I have done it this way before when I was building a 4 link suspension for my hotrod. I was also contemplating cutting one out of UMHV i have seen this done for the bombardier groomers and they are holding up very well. thanks for the help so far and the reply. Do you know what the diffference is between the 2" wide sprockets and 1 3/4" wide can they be interchanged on the same machine