• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for a home

KobbeKid

I am looking for a board that is not over moderated but one that is rather civil....not too much profanity or vulgar posts.

Above all looking for one that does not constantly move threads around.

1639070211030.png

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am looking for a board that is not over moderated but one that is rather civil....not too much profanity or vulgar posts.

Above all looking for one that does not constantly move threads around.

View attachment 142183
I'll put in a word. Trouble makers seldom last long here. Respectful and honest posting does.

Our moderators are great!
I think you'll like it here.
Welcome to the family.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well as one of the moderators I will say that we have rules about civility, we enforce those in all areas. Most of the forums are family friendly but the DEBATE areas are purposely pretty loosely moderated and may require a strong constitution for some to handle. We give a fairly wide path to people inside all the DEBATE areas. But we never allow personal insults in any area.

Rarely do we move threads, and typically when we do we leave a "re-direct" so it can be found.

I think you may have found a home. Welcome.

KobbeKid

I'll put in a word. Trouble makers seldom last long here. Respectful and honest posting does.

Our moderators are great!
I think you'll like it here.
Welcome to the family.
Thanks....I probably will not be here long....i have been on the boards too long and I am just tired of talking politics....but it is very addictive.....so I have come here to wean myself away from one of the big popular boards.....as in they have become so 'woke' I was finding my posts moved or deleted with no adequate explanation.

Freedom of speech and the concept of 'self-defense' are under attack In America like never before....more people need to become politically active.,,,,though it may be too late.

I suppose the mid terms will be the deciding factor regarding whether or not America will have much of a future....at least that is how I see it.

I have grown into such a pessimist I depress even myself.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . and the concept of 'self-defense' are under attack In America like never before. . .
Well I am one of the moderators, I started up the Snowcat part of the forums, and I had a RITTENHOUSE after the Kenosha verdict.

Feel free to speak your mind. Respectfully. I've had (or caused) issues with some members but as long as we are all respectful things heal. We get along in the long run. I'm all for open debate. I'm all for common sense too. I think most of us carry guns, most of us are rural, or at least suburban. Some of us are liberal, most are conservative, a few of us (me) are strong libertarians who piss off both sides and often do it in the same conversation.

258775449_254616970032676_2597981730786776649_n-1.jpg

KobbeKid

Well I am one of the moderators, I started up the Snowcat part of the forums, and I had a RITTENHOUSE after the Kenosha verdict.

Feel free to speak your mind. Respectfully. I've had (or caused) issues with some members but as long as we are all respectful things heal. We get along in the long run. I'm all for open debate. I'm all for common sense too. I think most of us carry guns, most of us are rural, or at least suburban. Some of us are liberal, most are conservative, a few of us (me) are strong libertarians who piss off both sides and often do it in the same conversation.

View attachment 142228
Great post....I am trying to wind down from a long career in posting on message boards.....I am just tired of arguing politics....I was on one of the big boards for yrs. Would get hits numbered in the thousands.....but not only did i get tired of arguing....it just took too much time....I tried to quit several times but the addiction was just too strong and of course at times it was a lot of fun.

The big problem with that board was how it moved posts around....it was a board with mostly conservative members but it had mostly liberal and or p.c. modeators. How that happened I have no idea....still.....you could say just about anything but the mods constantly moved conserative threads down into the basemenr area hehheh. Not all the time but enough to be irritating.

Anyhow.....after they moved what i considered a particuarly good post down into the basemenrt...(covert censorship) I just decided to use that as a motivation to quit....so I quit....and it has been a few weeks and I have no strong urge to go back....I joined a couple of boards to go to when I get an overwhelming urge to post......this one and another one which accused me of being a sock and banned me though I was not hehheh.....they were more liberal than I thought though they did advertise all ideologies welcomed.

Anyhow thus this is the only board I am on now and it appears to be a good one....if my plan works I will gradually decrease my posting and find other hobbies....i have taken up playing chess online and that has helped to keep my mind off politics.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Great post....I am trying to wind down from a long career in posting on message boards.....I am just tired of arguing politics....I was on one of the big boards for yrs. Would get hits numbered in the thousands.....but not only did i get tired of arguing....it just took too much time....I tried to quit several times but the addiction was just too strong and of course at times it was a lot of fun.

The big problem with that board was how it moved posts around....it was a board with mostly conservative members but it had mostly liberal and or p.c. modeators. How that happened I have no idea....still.....you could say just about anything but the mods constantly moved conserative threads down into the basemenr area hehheh. Not all the time but enough to be irritating.

Anyhow.....after they moved what i considered a particuarly good post down into the basemenrt...(covert censorship) I just decided to use that as a motivation to quit....so I quit....and it has been a few weeks and I have no strong urge to go back....I joined a couple of boards to go to when I get an overwhelming urge to post......this one and another one which accused me of being a sock and banned me though I was not hehheh.....they were more liberal than I thought though they did advertise all ideologies welcomed.

Anyhow thus this is the only board I am on now and it appears to be a good one....if my plan works I will gradually decrease my posting and find other hobbies....i have taken up playing chess online and that has helped to keep my mind off politics.
This ain't Face-book or Face-book lite.

Th is a small community of diverse subjects and diverse opinions given with and taken with respect. Yes, politics currently dominate the postings to some extent, but there is more, so much more.
Welcome and enjoy