• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Loading your pickup

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I should have somebody post a video of me putting my little excavator on the bed of my pickup. Bed height is 46" and I do not have any ramps. It used to make my butt pucker a bit, but now it just makes people stop and watch. I created a small traffic jam loading up this afternoon leaving one of my rent houses. I bet I had 6 or 7 people pull off the road and watch me load my excavator onto the truck. It's not too small. I suppose it weighs around 11,500 pounds as it is now.

Now I'm too tired to unload it this evening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 140

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fits nicely on there. I, for one, would like to see a video of you loading it next time. :thumb:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Once you do it a few times it's easy. I've seen guys load rubber tired backhoes on trailers and dump trucks w/o ramps.
Mike

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Once you do it a few times it's easy. I've seen guys load rubber tired backhoes on trailers and dump trucks w/o ramps.
Mike

That's actually much easier. As long as the pins aren't too worn, I've walked my old Case 580 into and onto all sorts of things.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Dargo, was this you when you first started ???

http://youtu.be/aggptP6zw7Y

Oh heck, he cheated and isn't that good of an operator. My bucket never drags on the ground. I extend and curl (to keep the teeth off the ground) as I load mine. A simple small piece of plywood is all that is needed for me to keep from leaving a mark on my driveway or on someone's asphalt driveway. Even in a yard, there is no need to leave a mark from having a bucket with around 10,000 pounds of force on it scooted across a lawn. The guy in the video just needs a few more hours practice and then he won't scrape up his truck or the ground. :wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell, I'm still a nervous nelly driving my 360 Case Dozer.

I build a ramp with soil or gravel and drive it on my trailer. Squeezing my spincter the whole time.

Thankfully, nobody watches.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, you probably know this already. If the tlr is a steel deck always make sure it is close to level crossways when loading/unloading. Those steel tracks on a steel deck is like a hog on ice.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, you probably know this already. If the tlr is a steel deck always make sure it is close to level crossways when loading/unloading. Those steel tracks on a steel deck is like a hog on ice.
Mike

The bed is yellow pine and after twenty years I have learned to keep it level. Dozer, tractor, Cars, Bricks, block, Lumber, steel,,,,,,even a load of stone boulders from Connecticut I traded for an equal weight of a Mercedes Benz 420SEL.

But I still get goose bumps every time I load the dozer or my 8N & 9N tractors.

I loaded my excavator last week on my friends drop deck. Half of the idlers were on the bed and half were off. Slow and easy. BTW nice looking truck Dargo!

Attachments

• SAM_0792.jpg
    SAM_0792.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 86

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
This gave me a great morning. I watched that vid and a few more that were suggested.

A good operator can do some amazing things.

Thank You for posting.

Nice truck, by the way.