• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC 1500 Washington state 32k 500 hours

Solrus

That was a beauty
Agree the seller was in rush selling it, :) , only for 100$ bills cash. It was too slow for him , and he wants jeep on tracks . His wife auctioned it btw :). Lucky guy with such wife, 3 kids and she is looking for snowcats and auction them.

Solrus

PB will be pricy and slower unless u have better engine then WV. Will be easier to repair LMC . I think wait till spring most of the cat will go on sale then. Now its not the buyer market, unless the deal like I saw

jet_tech

PB will be pricy and slower unless u have better engine then WV. Will be easier to repair LMC . I think wait till spring most of the cat will go on sale then. Now its not the buyer market, unless the deal like I saw
Yes Sir…. It’s looking like that. What are your thoughts on a 2009 PB scout and I believe it has a gas engine?

Solrus

Yes Sir…. It’s looking like that. What are your thoughts on a 2009 PB scout and I believe it has a gas engine?
Never owned one only spoke to two guys who owned it, one from the power company and another lawyer from St Louis , trying to be Montana cowboy, both said that deep pocket will be your best friend. All depends on the price u buy it. Dont rush, be patience and u will find the right one. I would stay with mechanical drive if its your first snowcat rather get into hydro static and if something goes wrong then u will hate snowcatting :) and throw lots of cash

jet_tech

Never owned one only spoke to two guys who owned it, one from the power company and another lawyer from St Louis , trying to be Montana cowboy, both said that deep pocket will be your best friend. All depends on the price u buy it. Dont rush, be patience and u will find the right one. I would stay with mechanical drive if its your first snowcat rather get into hydro static and if something goes wrong then u will hate snowcatting :) and throw lots of cash
Yes Sir… would be my first. When you say mechanical drive, what cat’s, which do you recommend?
Thank you for the helpful information!

Solrus

If you are looking for 4-5 seater then lmc 1500, smaller size thiokol dmc 1450. The smallest Bombi 4 seater :), but it's not that family riding oriented . Not sure about Tuckers not a fan of separate tracks . Again if u patient and can find low priced on auction then any will work. All depends how much and what u can fix on your own

jet_tech

If you are looking for 4-5 seater then lmc 1500, smaller size thiokol dmc 1450. The smallest Bombi 4 seater :), but it's not that family riding oriented . Not sure about Tuckers not a fan of separate tracks . Again if u patient and can find low priced on auction then any will work. All depends how much and what u can fix on your own
Thank you so much!!!!

tomelroy

I swear I saw this 1500 at action a few months ago. I am pretty sure it was resprayed,….the front grill is orange, a lot of stuff orange that should not be, plus I can see overstay on the drivers side door latch….but it was a deal regardless.

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Definitely repainted, and some questionable operating practices.

vintagebike

It is a lot more orange than our 1985 with obviously untouched paint. The original owner, Cedar-Knox Public Power District in Nebraska, kept it inside except for the 240 hours they maybe left the ignition switched on.
😉😉😸

Attachments

• AA8756E4-F3C9-474F-85FC-C51B4D85F930.jpeg
    AA8756E4-F3C9-474F-85FC-C51B4D85F930.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20DCD055-8118-4626-8ECC-E74A51935301.jpeg
    20DCD055-8118-4626-8ECC-E74A51935301.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 195

Solrus

It is a lot more orange than our 1985 with obviously untouched paint. The original owner, Cedar-Knox Public Power District in Nebraska, kept it inside except for the 240 hours they maybe left the ignition switched on.
😉😉😸
You bought it?

Solrus

I swear I saw this 1500 at action a few months ago. I am pretty sure it was resprayed,….the front grill is orange, a lot of stuff orange that should not be, plus I can see overstay on the drivers side door latch….but it was a deal regardless.
What auction?

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
You should move this to a new thread unless your details and price are the same...

BLS

The snow cat did sell, but w/o the trailer. Going to list the trailer for sale in just a bit.