• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Let's Talk "Propane Tanks" ... who has a 2500 Gallon Propane Tank?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of propane tanks in my neck of the woods, the gas provides the main source of heat for many rural dwellers. Natural gas is available in SOME rural neighborhoods and virtually all towns and cities. But outside of towns it seems that propane rules.

But not too many 2500 gallon tanks.

Unless you are the Obamas and you are looking for backup energy for your vacation mansion.

I'd have thought he would be using 'New Green Deal' money and putting up solar panels and windmills on his rooftop. But no, he turned to fossil fuels for his emergency power. Hypocrite much?

New Fossil Fuel Fan: Obama Orders 2,500-Gallon Propane Storage For Vacation Home

In the latest display of elite hypocrisy, former president, climate change scaremonger and green energy promoter Barack Obama is installing three propane tanks at his $12 million Martha's Vineyard property—with a whopping 2,500 gallons of storage capacity.
Earlier this month, the town of Edgartown, Massachusetts received an application for an underground propane tank installation at Obama's estate, consisting of two 1,000 gallon-tanks and one 500-gallon tank, to be used for "residential purposes."
“We’ve never had a private propane tank come to us,” said a member of the town's review board. Typical residential storage for back-up generators is 100 to 500 gallons.
At a time when his successor's economic war on Russia is wreaking havoc on the world and the U.S. economy teeters on the edge of an abyss, Obama's 2,500-gallon scheme suggests he wants his 6,900-square-foot, seven-bedroom house to be ready for many weeks of energy independence at a time.
As president, Obama declared, "I am a firm believer that climate change is real and that it is impacted by human behavior and carbon emissions. As a consequence, I think we have an obligation to future generations to do something about it.”
Of course, to Obama and other ruling elites, "doing something" means imposing expectations on society they don't apply to themselves. . . .

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I deliver propane part time and have never seen one that big most we go to are 2 1000 gallon tanks together.
their at pizza shops and restrauants most homes have a max 1000 gallons

my truck is a single rear axel only holds 2500 gallons there are twin screw trucks to about 4000 gallons but after that your in to tractor trailer loads

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not uncommon for grain drying systems to have this much or more.
At my storage facility we have 6 100 gal tanks. All are full, and since we have not had to us LP for
drying corn for a few years, that LP was purchased at prices from long ago.
I feel like this is an asset that maybe used to heat homes instead of dry grain if need be.
We never know what our needs will be in any given year.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not uncommon for grain drying systems to have this much or more.
At my storage facility . . .
But that for commercial usage and is not a private home with a single 2500 gallon tank, which also happens to be owned by a climate alarmist who wants the little people to go solar/renewables but is being a total hypocrite and stocking up on LNG for his own home.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I bet they have a bunch of those fancy gas fireplace systems all over the house for the nice winter time ambiance. I mean you don't expect a former President to NOT have a really stylish and comfortable mansion do you.

F'in politicians are the best example of modern day grifters.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
But that for commercial usage and is not a private home with a single 2500 gallon tank, which also happens to be owned by a climate alarmist who wants the little people to go solar/renewables but is being a total hypocrite and stocking up on LNG for his own home.
True,
But I own it. Paid for years ago.
I will heat my home and another a hired man lives in if LP gets crazy priced.

Obama is destroying our nation through Joe Biden. He is prepping for what he HOPES will happen. :furious: