• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Let's go Brandon!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe you know the story behind this phrase. I didn't ....so I duck duck go'd it.

The “let’s go Brandon” meme has taken the Internet by storm, but what does it mean? It’s a reference to Joe Biden.

It’s a reference to a viral video in which people in the crowd chanted “Fuck Joe Biden” while NASCAR racer Brandon Brown was being interviewed by NBC News. The newscaster wrongly said the crowd was saying, “let’s go Brandon.” As a result, people on Twitter started using “let’s go Brandon” as a euphemism for the phase, “Fuck Joe Biden,”

:ROFLMAO:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So ...I have been on vacation and avoiding the 'news'. Am I the last person on the planet to know what "Let's Go Brandon!" means? Feels like it. :duncecap:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Don't feel bad Doc.
At first I was like huh??!
Then the memes started, then I read about it lol
Yeah, same here. Someone made a comment about Brandon and I had to ask about it to find out. And now we know the rest
of the story, as Paul Harvey would say.

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe you know the story behind this phrase. I didn't ....so I duck duck go'd it.

The “let’s go Brandon” meme has taken the Internet by storm, but what does it mean? It’s a reference to Joe Biden.

It’s a reference to a viral video in which people in the crowd chanted “Fuck Joe Biden” while NASCAR racer Brandon Brown was being interviewed by NBC News. The newscaster wrongly said the crowd was saying, “let’s go Brandon.” As a result, people on Twitter started using “let’s go Brandon” as a euphemism for the phase, “Fuck Joe Biden,”

:ROFLMAO:
You need to look up actual video. I saw it and laughed.

It was VERY CLEAR what the crowd was yelling.

The newscaster didn't "wrongly" say Let's Go Brandon, the newscaster was clearly trying to interview the guy and obviously could not say, on air, what the crowd was saying. She covered, logically, and moved on with the interview. I'm guessing she simply didn't want to get political during a sports broadcast. It was funny, but she did a good job.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ALSO . . . this is interesting, iTunes has LET'S GO BRANDON music video ranked #1

Anti-Biden 'Let's Go Brandon' song skyrockets to #1 spot on iTunes hip hop chart​

An anti-Biden rap song inspired by the viral "Let's Go Brandon!" chant is now sitting at the top of the iTunes hip-hop chart.​

jillcrate

I knew what BRANDON meant I just dont know why they picked the name Brabndon for him.. (Why not Idiot??)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Brandon was the name of the NASCAR driver Brandon Brown who was being interviewed while the crowd was shouting "F**K Joe Biden" and the female interviewer said to him that the crowd was chanting for him after his victory, "Let's go Brandon". And so began a whole movement.