Let's discuss the $15.00 hr min wage kaws

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I ran my own shop for 30 years. But truthfully, what have you brought to the table but radical alt-right zealot conspiracy jibberish.
You are on some kind of crack for sure, you are a bat shit crazy progressive that is only tolerant to your own views and are the rudest condescending POS I have encountered in a while. You should write in a diary then the only opinion for you to read would be your own.

CrakHoBarbie

You are on some kind of crack for sure, you are a bat shit crazy progressive that is only tolerant to your own views and are the rudest condescending POS I have encountered in a while. You should write in a diary then the only opinion for you to read would be your own.
Wow. You really get worked up over the minimum wage topic, huh? Thank you for your honest appraisal. It means so much coming from someone who's Jesus thinks we had airports during the Revolutionary War.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
As for the minimum wage, does anyone actually believe the minimum wage is meant to give a person enough to live on and raise a family on? I don't. Minimum wage to me is for high school kids still living at home. It gives them gas money and money for their other expenses. I do not know of one adult working or job offered for an adult that is minimum wage. All start at 10 or 12 an hour and quickly jump to 15 or 17 and higher once you prove your worth.

Roofgardener

.... Inflation is what is killing working families.
Hmmm.. dunno @Melensdad . It's not like inflation is particularly high at the moment ?

In terms of inflation; I would have thought Bidens multi-trillion dollar cash injection into the economy would have a MUCH bigger inflationary effect than a minimum-wage hike ?

When the minimum-wage came in in the UK, lots of people said it would cause mass unemployment, a surge in inflation, and the destruction of the Empire. Curiously.. life went on.

Last edited:

CrakHoBarbie

If our economy cannot handle a minimum wage hike, as has been expressed here by a number of posters..... How in God's name are we to absorb the financial burden of bringing manufacturing back, which is going to cost a hell of a lot more than a min-wage bump. Can one of you lucid conservative please explain that to poor little progressive me.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm.. dunno @Melensdad . It's not like inflation is particularly high at the moment ?

In terms of inflation; I would have thought Bidens multi-trillion dollar cash injection into the economy would have a MUCH bigger inflationary effect than a minimum-wage hike ?

When the minimum-wage came in in the UK, lots of people said it would cause mass unemployment, a surge in inflation, and the destruction of the Empire. Curiously.. life went on.
I get what you are saying but the data is wrong.

We are, by the accounts of most economists, entering a period of very high inflation. But even modest inflation, year-over-year, will kill the value of any fiat currency and the US dollar is now such a currency. We never should have decoupled the dollar from gold.

CrakHoBarbie

I get what you are saying but the data is wrong.

We are, by the accounts of most economists, entering a period of very high inflation. But even modest inflation, year-over-year, will kill the value of any fiat currency and the US dollar is now such a currency. We never should have decoupled the dollar from gold.
We can thank dear Dick for that. But if the MW doesn't at least keep up with inflation, hyperinflation won't be our only problem. I think the U.S. has kept things together quite well as far as Inflation is concerned. But that may be because of the Petro dollar and our currency being the default World currency. But as dollar hegemony ends, things could go from bad to worse very quickly.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
If our economy cannot handle a minimum wage hike, as has been expressed here by a number of posters..... How in God's name are we to absorb the financial burden of bringing manufacturing back, which is going to cost a hell of a lot more than a min-wage bump. Can one of you lucid conservative please explain that to poor little progressive me.
I'm probably missing it but why will brining back manufacturing jobs cost. Companies are making their goods in some other country. Not paying taxes here or wages here. if they come back to US they will once again pay a share of employee taxes, unemployment and social security. Depending on location they might be given a tax break for a few years but overall it would be a net gain to our country. What am I missing?

As for a minimum wage bump to $15, who will pay that? All consumers will pay. Companies that do pay minimum wage will look for ways to automate those jobs. So high schoolers will not be able to work, at least not as many of them. Who wins in this scenario? Big business and half the high schoolers who get to have a $15hr job. Companies who automate will save dollars but still raise prices simply because they can and they will justify it due to the higher minimum wage. Consumers all pay more.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

The inflation is in commodities, you can't print trillions of dollars and expect things are not going to cost more. You are in the UK but over here Just about everything has gone up considerably year over.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. You really get worked up over the minimum wage topic, huh? Thank you for your honest appraisal. It means so much coming from someone who's Jesus thinks we had airports during the Revolutionary War.
Can you say anything without insulting or labeling someone? My Jesus is Jesus. Conservatism is a culture of life that has been going on in the US since its founding, with family values and work ethic that build generational wealth for those you care about at its core. You can believe what ever you want and it makes no difference to me as long as what your doing does not effect me or those I care about. I have liberal friends, we just don't talk politics. Im sure you are not interested in that.

CrakHoBarbie

I'm probably missing it but why will brining back manufacturing jobs cost. Companies are making their goods in some other country. Not paying taxes here or wages here. if they come back to US they will once again pay a share of employee taxes, unemployment and social security. Depending on location they might be given a tax break for a few years but overall it would be a net gain to our country. What am I missing?

As for a minimum wage bump to $15, who will pay that? All consumers will pay. Companies that do pay minimum wage will look for ways to automate those jobs. So high schoolers will not be able to work, at least not as many of them. Who wins in this scenario? Big business and half the high schoolers who get to have a $15hr job. Companies who automate will save dollars but still raise prices simply because they can and they will justify it due to the higher minimum wage. Consumers all pay more.
On the consumer end. Prices across the board will, more likely than not, rise dramatically. Folks who are already suffering to make ends meet at $8.00hr, would, more than likely, find themselves swamped.

CrakHoBarbie

Can you say anything without insulting or labeling someone? My Jesus is Jesus. Conservatism is a culture of life that has been going on in the US since its founding, with family values and work ethic that build generational wealth for those you care about at its core. You can believe what ever you want and it makes no difference to me as long as what your doing does not effect me or those I care about. I have liberal friends, we just don't talk politics. Im sure you are not interested in that.
You can dish it out, but you can't take it. I listen to your grievance politics all day long. The whining. The complaining. The blaming everything under the sun on democrats. Calling us communists. Saying we're ruining the country. Constantly fear mongering and pointing fingers. Claiming disaster where none exists. It's pathetic. But then....on top of that.... When someone shats a little on your nonsense, it's just to much for you to handle, huh? .... And you call us "snowflakes"...... 😘

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

The fact is that raising the minimum wage hits only those with no skills or ambition. The hundred K person will not notice. These are the jobs that are the easiest to move, automate. or do away with. So, raising the MW hurts the people it is trying to help.

CrakHoBarbie

The fact is that raising the minimum wage hits only those with no skills or ambition. The hundred K person will not notice. These are the jobs that are the easiest to move, automate. or do away with. So, raising the MW hurts the people it is trying to help.
😲

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have seen it before. We will see it again.

Machines now cook hamburgers, lift fries out of vats of hot oil, fill cups with soda and even take your order and accept your payment. Fast food restaurants around the world are selling more food with fewer employees due to increases in the minimum wage.

We have sanitation robots that disinfect office buildings as well as sweep and mop hallway floors.

Smart conveyors in warehouses now move packages at high speeds automatically, sort them into loads and some actually load trucks.

The higher the minimum wage the more we will see the low waged jobs eliminated by automation and computer.

But most of it goes back to a devalued dollar and bad monetary policy.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

I've seen it personally where I live. The minimum wage was increased to 15. The cost of pretty much everything went up to compensate. Walk in to most bigger stores up here and instead of having 10 checkout aisles with 10 people working, you now have 6 check-out aisles with maybe 2 people working and 4 self check-out aisles staffed by 1 person. Heck, our main Wal-Mart used to have around 20 check-out aisles all staffed. They got rid of about half of the staffed check-out aisles and usually have only 1 or 2 aisles open now and around 16 self check-out aisles staffed by 1 person.

Minimum wage increased up here. Gas prices went from $1.10 per liter to $1.40 average where I live. You'd be hard-pressed to find a loaf of bread for under $5. I could go on and on but you get the point. I don't base my opinion on pointless articles online. I base it on facts from my daily experiences. But don't try to confuse liberals with facts. 😋