Lawn tractors

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Although, if your kids are old/young enough. Get a couple of riding mowers and send them out. It's worked for me for the last couple of years. I'll be sad in 2-3 years when they are both off to college.

This is by far the best way to get your lawn mowed.
Yep. I was planning on putting the 14 and 15 year old to work with both mowers.

Canadian eh!!!

Bamby

Give any equipment a good once over before you part with your money. A vast amount of the stuff being sold today is throw away.. Their isn't a grease fitting to be found and with any kind of equipment a grease gun will vastly expend the useful life of and machine. Deck spindle bearing for instance should be hit with a shot of grease every mowing..

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It hasn't been brought up yet but what piece of equipment are you doing to use for plowing snow? The tractor you pictured, even if it has a plow, won't push more than a few inches.

Bamby

Most deck spindles have no grease zerk.
Mike

Have two in the garage that do. Ones an older Cub and the other is a Kubota and I've seen others. You likely wouldn't find them on the cheapened sub par versions sold at the big box stores.

Bamby

It hasn't been brought up yet but what piece of equipment are you doing to use for plowing snow? The tractor you pictured, even if it has a plow, won't push more than a few inches.

Plus a box blade for driveway maintenance.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm on the lookout for a plow truck.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a line on a decent plow truck. But more on that later. We just got home from the house. The owner happened to be there loading up stuff from the garage. Here's the deal on the lawn tractor. It's a Jacobson turfcat with a kubota diesel engine. Hydraulic mower attachment.
130117b62f0e9be35be0019c3ca6c382.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Spammer Hammer
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a line on a decent plow truck. But more on that later. We just got home from the house. The owner happened to be there loading up stuff from the garage. Here's the deal on the lawn tractor. It's a Jacobson turfcat with a kubota diesel engine. Hydraulic mower attachment.
130117b62f0e9be35be0019c3ca6c382.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

That should be a very decent mower! Hope it’s in good condition.

Jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I'll say that blindsided me. I thought in the first pic you posted (where I was guessing), we we're looking at the front of the tractor.

A Jacobsen with Kubota diesel is a good combo if maintained. Does it have an hour meter? Hyd lift for the deck? Power steering?

Let's cut to the chase. How much does he want for it?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually we came in way low on the offer for the place with the lawn tractor as a throw in. They came back at not much higher with it included.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Spammer Hammer
GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually we came in way low on the offer for the place with the lawn tractor as a throw in. They came back at not much higher with it included.

Canadian eh!!!

So you bought a mower and they threw in a house on the deal! :th_lmao:

Check your email. I *think* I sent you a manual.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. Got it. Thanks. I'm guessing it's a decent mower? I guess I have to do a bit of reading now.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
More on the plow truck. He's got an older f350 with a plow he is willing to sell for an additional 6k. It has the 7.3l diesel. He claims it has a knock in the engine but has been running fine. It would come with a spare truck with 7.3l diesel engine that apparently runs so if the engine pops in the truck, there's a spare. Not sure I want to get into that. There's also a 93 dodge half ton 4x4 with a plow for sale up here. I may inquire about it.

Canadian eh!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Even if you need to fix that mower, you should probably keep it and try to get it running. Front mowers tend to be pretty expensive but they are worth it.

I always do Craigslist scans for front mowers in case something nice pops up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
According to the guy, it runs fine. Just looks like it sat outside all the time. I'll tinker with it and fix it up. Diesels and hydraulics are pretty much the same no matter the machine. Time to put my years of running and fixing the groomer to use.

Canadian eh!!!