Kristi KT7 restoration

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Taking over where BigAl left off started tonight. I removed the front and rear seats for a closer look at what lurks below. Fluid in the tub is either a leak or a spill. I'm hoping its the story of a spill that wasn't cleaned up in Elk City.

After starting Yetti up to high rpm' with the idle set low a new throttle cable is in order the old one is stiff and not returning to idle sounds like my ex wife. There will also be many fastner swap outs to stainless steel per my current wife's request.

The mysterious wet bar installed by BigAl was found in a trap door tonight. The only thing missing was the rum and Dr. Pepper.

I am going to catalog all the parts and start a photo manual. This should help the next owner when I go meet up with BigAl.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
evening, sure sounds like you are enjoying the kt7, truly looking forward to seeing it in person very soon, lucky you

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
evening, sure sounds like you are enjoying the kt7, truly looking forward to seeing it in person very soon, lucky you

Like any project inherited which was started by someone else, One can imagine the improvements to be included in the vision. I need bifocals ~

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The mysterious wet bar installed by BigAl was found in a trap door tonight. The only thing missing was the rum and Dr. Pepper.

I was thinking last night that the Kristi KT7 = "The Mullet" of Snow Cats.

Business in the front, party in the rear! :brows::yum:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife's first words were ok but change the color to manufactures color

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't change Allens color I do know that the juce drive system needs a little up grade as he had told me it pulled a little slow could be something as simple as too small of hydraulic lines

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't change Allens color I do know that the juce drive system needs a little up grade as he had told me it pulled a little slow could be something as simple as too small of hydraulic lines

Yes that's the way I was reading it and thought if thats all I need to do I will be happy.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
irongoat, do you know anyone who works on hydrostats? It sure would be handy to have some one with lots of experience with these systems.

Do you know what the components are, like the pump manufacturer and displacement? And the motors to?

I know I am curious about the system in this rig.. Can you share what you are finding out with us?

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
irongoat, do you know anyone who works on hydrostats? It sure would be handy to have some one with lots of experience with these systems.

Do you know what the components are, like the pump manufacturer and displacement? And the motors to?

I know I am curious about the system in this rig.. Can you share what you are finding out with us?

Regards, Kirk

ummm........:yum::yum::yum:

maxresdefault.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So is Yeti to return to the Leavenworth home land this coming Feb?

he dam better be at the next meet if/when we have one. I think I deserve a ride. even if I have to sit backwards.

the Leavenworth is open for anyone to set it up. the way marco(irongoat) and I planned them wasn't for any pacific person to have them.
a call to the hotel for the land and check with bert at the trailhead. the hotel owns the restaurant that breakfast is in so that is easy to get.
it doesn't have to be at Leavenworth
jim

mbsieg

awful member
SUPER Site Supporter
he dam better be at the next meet if/when we have one. I think I deserve a ride. even if I have to sit backwards.

the Leavenworth is open for anyone to set it up. the way marco(irongoat) and I planned them wasn't for any pacific person to have them.
a call to the hotel for the land and check with bert at the trailhead. the hotel owns the restaurant that breakfast is in so that is easy to get.
it doesn't have to be at Leavenworth
jim
I have always thought Wallace Id would be a great spot............

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
a scouting out of the trails and checking of the rules would be next. road trip??

MNoutdoors

Tracked Evolution Central
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

That info should all be on forums I discussed all of it with Allen if I'm not mistaken would have to look it up there the same as a cushman trackster pump motor combos being driven by a splitter gearbox and then right angle drives from the motors to the Chain cases. It should be all here pictures and all.

They are undersized for the machine IMO

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if they are the same sunstrand pumps and motors that the trackster uses they would be way under sized in my opinion. it would be worth wile to upgrade pumps and motors for better performance. also the newer systems are quite a bit more efficient than what they had to work with 30 years ago

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter

Boggie,
Thank you :flowers: for the very important information manual, I will start studying….. I have a new sauna being shipped to the house friday and will have to brake away from Yetti to build this sauna (Almost Heaven Sauna).

After work tonight I started on the removal of the low grade fastners and installed the stainless steel. The larger bolts Im shopping for aircraft bolts and nuts (titanium). Boeing surplus might have what I need.