• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT7 question ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Will changing out my KT7 "charge pump" increase the speed of the unit ?I have always thought the pump looked small that supplies oil to the main drive pumps . Its a hydro drive design system . I would sure like to gain a couple more miles per hour on speed . It reminds me of a steering pump on the pickup .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Will changing out my KT7 "charge pump" increase the speed of the unit ?I have always thought the pump looked small that supplies oil to the main drive pumps . Its a hydro drive design system . I would sure like to gain a couple more miles per hour on speed . It reminds me of a steering pump on the pickup .

Charge pumps are much smaller than the main pump. They are designed to run together as a pair. By pushing oil to the main you get better performance.

To get speed you need a larger displacement main pump. This will make the motors run at a faster speed. You have the right idea, just the wrong pump to do it with...

Regards, Kirk