• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Krispy Kreme - Free donut everyday for the vaccinated - ironic

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Considering that the obese are more likely to die from Covid, are they simply trying to preserve their market? I have to wonder if a donut a day is more deadly than getting covid. For a large portion of the population it may be.

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Having enjoyed a tutelage in the world of donut baking by the guy who invented the Gooey Butter cake,,,; I find the "Crispy Kreme" product to be an insult to the donut name. They are awful

That said, I am not, in the least bit, motivated by the offer.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know what a "Gooey Butter cake" is but I suspect it is both extremely unhealthy and wonderfully delicious!

A warm Krispy Kreme donut is pretty damn good though. I will occasionally eat one every couple of years. I'm not in their target demographic though.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know what a "Gooey Butter cake" is but I suspect it is both extremely unhealthy and wonderfully delicious!

A warm Krispy Kreme donut is pretty damn good though. I will occasionally eat one every couple of years. I'm not in their target demographic though.
It is unhealthy and uh,, yes extremely delicious. Consider a good cheese cake with a layer of heavy vanilla cake under it instead of broken Graham crackers..

Back in 1925 I think, Joe Haas ( or maybe it was his father) was baking butter coffee cakes when he accidentally doubled the amount of real (emphasis on real) butter into the mix. Rather than dumping the batter into the trash, he poured it into cake pans hoping no one would notice. Boy did they.

Soon, many St Louis bake shops copied his mistake.

Today, It is a St Louis delicacy.

Way back in the 80's, I used to repair machines for Joe. As an old friend I gave him a big discount from my $550 service call charge to $125. He always filled my car trunk to the brim with Gooey Butter cakes, Yeast Donuts and all sorts of baked goods. Good times back then.