• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kioti DK65

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, that looks remarkedly like an edited version of the review from Dargo that he posted in another forum on this site. Dargo actually test drove the DK65 and considered buying it.

Did you also see the CK20 review posted by 'coyote' on Neil's site?

Interesting thing with many of the reviews I see on Neil's site, people who are new owners who just got their tractors post reviews and rate things like reliability, service, parts availability at the "10" level. Seems like if they were being honest, they would select "NA" or leave it blank because they should have not experience in those things at all.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks a lot like the Reader's Digest version (hint-hint) of another review I heard about the DK65.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, really, I didn't do it. I did write the "War and Peace" version that is posted on this site, and it was my honest apprasial of one. I'll have to go over there to see this new version.

I do have a witness as to the date I wrote my review. Having said that, it is interesting that several of the points I made in my review have now surfaced by Kioti owners over at the other site. No slam. Just an observation. I think if the Kioti owners were more on an even keel, and gave honest observations, there wouldn't be this problem with the stereotype Kioti owner.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
it is interesting that several of the points I made in my review have now surfaced by Kioti owners over at the other site. No slam. Just an observation. I think if the Kioti owners were more on an even keel, and gave honest observations, there wouldn't be this problem with the stereotype Kioti owner.

It is kind of funny that the other brand owners don't get as bent out of shape as the Kioti guys do. KeithB over in the Mahindra forums is about as nutty as 'shoppintractors' and misses the point almost as often as Don does, but it is certain that Don probably holds the record in idiotic senseless posts that are off topic. But if you give it a bit of thought, 95% of the really adamant guys typically inhabit only one forum. Too bad they act the way they do as it really puts a bad light on the good guys who own the same brand. (I consider some of those guys friends, and respect several others and they even distance themselves from the morons)

But seriously, what is it about the Mahindra, Massey, Cub, JD, Kubota, Case/NH, etc owners that make them more level headed?

Is there really something related to the fact that most of the Kioti owners seem to be new to tractors (or new to modern tractors?).

There was actually a good thread started by a Kioti guy to discuss these things, but it got off track and then DrewL (drool) started a similar one that got shut down even quicker. You just don't see those things in the other forums.

LarryRB

I use to have a Mahindra myself... That Kieth guy drove me crazy with PM's about this and that, and how come his 4110 can't do what mine does and on and on..... It got to the point I told him I had no more answers for him to call Tomball Texas and get answers from the "horses" mouth..

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
LarryRB said:
I use to have a Mahindra myself... That Kieth guy drove me crazy with PM's about this and that, and how come his 4110 can't do what mine does and on and on..... It got to the point I told him I had no more answers for him to call Tomball Texas and get answers from the "horses" mouth..

So what is it with guys like Keith? That guy got into an arguement over how many 35hp tractors NH makes. Maybe Johnday & Dargo remember that one, because they jumped in on it too. But Keith said that if you got SuperSteer then it should be considered a different model, he just kept ranting that there were about 10 models of the TC35DA. I think NH lists 2 models. His point was that if you picked an option to add to the tractor that made it a different model. The whole thing was POINTLESS. Shoppintractors and Gippy both jumped in for no reason, both got deleted for insulting people, Keith got deleted too. And there was no reason for anyone to even get upset but he just spun it out of control.

LarryRB

I really can't answer the "total" question.. I know he hounded me for a month on why I had to get rid of the Mahindra... When I tell you, due to severely bad legs, it became near impossible to get on/off to use hoe and keep moving.. I was using that machine very near full time commercial status, and therefore, it get to be a major problem.. There is nothing like going out to play, dig a trench for someone for whatever reason, however, when finishing that job and having to lay down for the next three days, got real old, not to mention most times very painful.. Somehow this just stated explanation was never understood. Guess us foreigners to New England area talk funny.... His other complaints were how come you say this can be done, I tried it and it can't,,,, After awhile, I was tired of throwing my hands up in the air... I'm not an expert at anything, however, I have tried many things... Kind of "jack of all trades, master of none"..

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here it comes from the one Kioti owner on this forum. In all I can accept the review but why does it appear that more than once he explains how the other brands can MAKE UP for the features/advantages the Kioti has. It also appears that he takes points off because the other brands can do things to equal the Kioti. :fart2:

My 2 cents, no war intended

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I am going to be like the Snapple soda commercial....... I am going to say soemthing nice about the Kioti..... They picked a beautiful color....... Kubota Orange. ;) :whistle: :wave:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog, you're not going to believe me, but I had nothing to do with that review over there. I did review the Grasshopper ZTR mower though. I have over 1000 seat hours on that piece of equipment and feel rather strongly about my review of it. Also, I did review the DK65s here, on this site, as to my impressions of it vs the Kubota L5030HSTC when I was considering trading the 5030 for the DK65s. That I will take credit for doing. And, the "review" here was my honest opinion that was written the day I made the extensive (4 hour plus) test of one. :tiphat: Oh yeah, the comparisons between the Kioti and 5030 were due to the fact that on TBN it is stated hundreds of times about how much superior the DK65s is to the 5030. I took those statements for their word and actually went to trade. That is when I discovered that not all of the statements were exactly true. :eek:

Oh yeah, wanna see pics of a Branson upside down? The dealer told me that he preferred Branson to the Kioti he sold. When he was showing me a Branson with a Cummins engine, one of his employees flipped another Branson tractor right out on the street in front of us. He got hit from behind by a minivan. It's a strong statement about wearing seatbelts at all times too.

Last edited:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know your story and I knew it wasn't your review. What I don't understand is why some have started the dreaded Kioti threads, it may draw attention. I hope Junk and Doc can control the over zealous wanna bee's from infiltrating.