• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just poppin in

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Hope everyones doin ok. I only get to pop in every now and again for the time being. Work has been a bit on the crazy side. Lots of 12+ hr days and long weeks. Currently broadcasting from my tiny little Job trailer (yea, workin for the man on a Saturday) situated amongst a collection of C-5's and a mission of F-16s at Westover Air Reserve Base in beautiful Chicopee, Ma . I'm here for the next month riding rough shod over a runway paving repair project mainly as well as 3 others we have going on here.

We had frost last night so I'm expecting the colors to start to pop. The news has been a buzz about an event called "The Big E". It's the Eastern States Exposition. It is supposedly some Ginormous festival that occurs in West Springfield wich is about 10-15 minutes away. The event suposedly occupies an area the size of the air base, which is quite large.

Impossible to go thru all the posts I've missed so I just glancing. I'll try to get a few shots of the boys in action but no promises. They're not real fond of folks takin pictures of the secret squirrel stuff.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Kind of was wondering what happened to you. Been on the road mostly myself. For the last three weeks I have been gone at least 3 days a week. Last week was 4 days. I am tired, need sleep. Slept in a chit hole hotel last week as it was the only one for miles around. Seriously I purposely kept my clothes out in the garage and we are hauling them in as my wife makes wash loads. We found out the hotel had a few cases of bed bugs.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Sitting in my little job trailer trying to get caught on the mounds of paperwork that comes with doing work for the government. A small crew of mine is working on one of my projects here on base. It's actually a nice day. Sunny and 36 degrees. Had flurries yesterday and they're saying maybe tonight too. Fall is here, the colors are peaking. The sound of C-5 engine test runs fill the air...:w00t2: It's also a UTA Weekend so lots of folks here doing their weekend chores.

I had a little time so I thought I'd pop in. Only get to glance every now and again. Can't keep up with all the posts. Looks like I'll be headed back home at the end of the month.

Here are a few pics....

Attachments

• Ramp Project 001.jpg
    Ramp Project 001.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Ramp Project 007.jpg
    Ramp Project 007.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Ramp Project 022.jpg
    Ramp Project 022.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Ramp Project 023.jpg
    Ramp Project 023.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 51

mak2

When I was stationed on an F-18 base we were not allowed to take pics with certain parts of the plane, I cant remembere like the nose cone or something. Do they still have security rules around airplanes?

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Yes,

The tail and nose area are part of the criteria. Proximity as well has some bearing. Being an air reserve base has some impact also.