• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just Got a New Treadmill...

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
:pat: And to think that money could have gone to a vacuum cleaner for exactly the same results and cleaner floors too!:yum:

buy_25

Banned
humor_me said:
Now, I can sit and watch my wife get some use out of it!:thumb: :1062:

I hope you bought a nice one. Most cheaper ones (below $2,000) hold up like crap.

If I did not use mine weekly, I would be a fat slob. Mine only has about 6,300 miles on it!!!! :) Doing yet another marathon...

humor_me

buy_25 said:
I hope you bought a nice one. Most cheaper ones (below $2,000) hold up like crap.

If I did not use mine weekly, I would be a fat slob. Mine only has about 6,300 miles on it!!!! :) Doing yet another marathon...

Actually, we didn't buy it. The wife has a pregnant co-worker who wanted it out of the house to have more "baby room":pat: . They just gave it away. The darn thing is almost new.

humor_me

AFFitness13 said:
What kind of Treadmill is it??

You've heard of a Precor?
It's a darn near Taiwanese Xerox copy of it called a Procomp right down to the dash. Who knows where it came from. The story was it came from Sears on a "Special Purchase" buy. About an $800 treadmill for around $425. "Looks" like a "good" treadmill - until you get on it. Keep reading........

I know now just why it didn't get used much. Speed stability sucks. It can be on 2.0 - wheere it was set, and all of a sudden it is in the mid 3's, then back down to mid 2's. It did that to me - up to almost 5mph, all of a sudden. Same thing happens when you incline, it is not stable.
Sounds like it has a bad logic board in it.
When we assembled it, we found a repair tag under it (so I know they at least had it looked at), also found a loose ground wire and I repaired that. It seemed to help, but if the loose ground wire already fried the board, then it will always be this way.

We still use it though. After a while, it remains stable in the mid 3's to 4. Any faster and it goes nuts.
Still it does get me off my butt. I usually try to watch the news while on the gadget.:thumb:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
We picked up a used one from a friend of the wife's....... used, as has been in the house for a year, but not used very often. They were moving and didn't want to take it with them. She used it 2 or 3 times and then gave up. I was thinking of putting the Daschund on it and get her into condition and then letting her loose on the local Pit Bull to beat his butt!!! He already runs when she barks at him....... Junk.....

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
We picked up a used one from a friend of the wife's....... used, as has been in the house for a year, but not used very often. They were moving and didn't want to take it with them. She used it 2 or 3 times and then gave up. I was thinking of putting the Daschund on it and get her into condition and then letting her loose on the local Pit Bull to beat his butt!!! He already runs when she barks at him....... Junk.....

Junk the Westminster Dog show is tomorrow and Tuesday, maybe you have time for some conditioning and an entry or two.

My dog can't be entered, he is clipped just like Dad. :whistle:

AFFitness13

I have never heard of such a thing, but we only use cerain things approved by the USAF. But if yours is anything like ours it is a drive motor that is causing it to screw with the speed.