• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just found out the wife has COVID.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 12 ( I think)
Totally confused today, weirdest dreams.

Wife is much better.

We are out of about everything. My son stopped by with fresh groceries and, good news about work. Everyone is safe and running well.

I cannot take a deep breathe without pain. not sure that is a good thing.

O2 profusion at 89%. I'm staying in bed for a while yet.

County called with a bunch of questions. I'm still in quarantine for ten more days.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 12 ( I think)
Totally confused today, weirdest dreams.

Wife is much better.

We are out of about everything. My son stopped by with fresh groceries and, good news about work. Everyone is safe and running well.

I cannot take a deep breathe without pain. not sure that is a good thing.

O2 profusion at 89%. I'm staying in bed for a while yet.

County called with a bunch of questions. I'm still in quarantine for ten more days.
Good news!
😊💓

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Watch the o2 level closely Franc. 89 indicates the need of supplemental oxygen. I had pneumonia 3 years ago and my level dropped to 89. They had me on one of nose oxygen breathing things.
You might consider getting something like that if possible. They encouraged me to walk also to raise the o2 level. With covid I'm unsure if that would be good for you or not. I'll suggest contacting your dr office and ask their advice.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Everything I read is that 89% is danger level. Consider getting into the emergency room.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys but it is back up now. 94%
I have supplemental O2 on hand. Wasn't needed.
Bicycle exercises with my legs, on my back, in bed. The wife on standby with O2 if I started to turn blue

Down 20 full lbs. I've been trying to get to185 Lbs for years now.

MADE IT! :clap:

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I took the wife in the second time @ 88% and had the Covid Pneumonia they put her on O2, she hit 84% a couple days after that, and that is when she got the Remdesivir, She said that after 2 days with the treatment it made a big difference. I agree with everyone else. See a doctor at this point. The Covid Pneumonia is different than normal Pneumonia. You get what they call crazy paving with cracked glass. You are still able to exhale pretty good so fresh O2 is coming in but the lung condition makes it difficult to get the O2 into your lungs. Because you are able to exhale, the sensation of shortness of breath is minimal even with very low O2 levels. If your lungs then fill with fluid you degrade very rapidly and end up on a ventilator. You don't want that.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd say Franc is doing ok.
One has to truly know the ins and outs of covid.
I've been watching his posts with a nurse's eye.
From what I have been hearing, I guess I did not piece together there is a pattern or progression to look for.
Personally I know people with wildly different effects and symptoms. Some are common like taste and smell loss, some less so.
It is good to know that in the profession there is experience in what to watch for.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Did some of that yesterday. I didn't evaporate so I guess I'm still amoungst the living

One of my biggest battles as been depression. Sunlight helps with that.
Do you feel yourself improving? When the recovery starts its the same ride out as the one that brought you in. The fatigue lasts for weeks and weeks. How is the wife doing? She likely got it a few days ahead of you.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't get depressed I got irritated. It hits everyone a little different. You have had it long enough now that likely you are not contagious anymore, just feeling the shitty symptoms. Also if it was going to get worse and send you to the hospital, it likely would have already done that. So as crappy as it is you are healing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't get depressed I got irritated. It hits everyone a little different. You have had it long enough now that likely you are not contagious anymore, just feeling the shitty symptoms. Also if it was going to get worse and send you to the hospital, it likely would have already done that. So as crappy as it is you are healing.
What Marty said!

Crumpy

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We have had a very rough couple weeks and are now on the slow road to recovery. I am about 4-5 days ahead of Franc, still very weak but each day getting better and gaining strength. I’ve kept watch on our vitals, made sure we both drank plenty fluids, took vitamins and zinc, and sat out in the sunshine when the weather permitted. My oxygen stayed between 95-98. After the bout with him needing oxygen, Franc‘s O2 has been holding between 90-95. For someone who is used to being continually active, is has been very hard on him. He is gaining strength, but slowly.

For symptoms, they tell you about body aches, headache, fatigue and lack of appetite. But it does not prepare you for the intensity of it. In addition to the aches and fatigue, I had a constant piercing pain on one side of my head that caused my scalp to be extremely sensitive to touch. Like the nerve endings were under attack. I swear COVID was eating my brain. That lasted about 5 days. Eventually fading but left it difficult to concentrate.

Our grandson tested positive, but he is fairing much better than we have. I took the granddaughter to be tested today. She stayed isolated in her rooms downstairs, but claims a sore throat, so best be sure. Both grandkids had one shot of the Pfizer, so maybe that helped them

Again, thanks for your concern. Franc speaks highly of his Forum friends. :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh good to hear from you, and thanks for the update. You guys had us worried. So glad to hear you have pulled through and Franc is well on his way also.
Also thanks for the first hand description of the symptoms. My 10 year old granddaughter got it and had to stay out of school but it was very mild. Barely any symptoms at all. We pray there is no residual effects decades from now for the young ones who get this nightmare disease.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We have had a very rough couple weeks and are now on the slow road to recovery. I am about 4-5 days ahead of Franc, still very weak but each day getting better and gaining strength. I’ve kept watch on our vitals, made sure we both drank plenty fluids, took vitamins and zinc, and sat out in the sunshine when the weather permitted. My oxygen stayed between 95-98. After the bout with him needing oxygen, Franc‘s O2 has been holding between 90-95. For someone who is used to being continually active, is has been very hard on him. He is gaining strength, but slowly.

For symptoms, they tell you about body aches, headache, fatigue and lack of appetite. But it does not prepare you for the intensity of it. In addition to the aches and fatigue, I had a constant piercing pain on one side of my head that caused my scalp to be extremely sensitive to touch. Like the nerve endings were under attack. I swear COVID was eating my brain. That lasted about 5 days. Eventually fading but left it difficult to concentrate.

Our grandson tested positive, but he is fairing much better than we have. I took the granddaughter to be tested today. She stayed isolated in her rooms downstairs, but claims a sore throat, so best be sure. Both grandkids had one shot of the Pfizer, so maybe that helped them

Again, thanks for your concern. Franc speaks highly of his Forum friends. :)
I didn't understand that you are his wife. Sometime it takes me a while to catch on :). I'm so glad that you are doing better and that you can take care of him until he gets better too. I imagine that he's a handful.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't understand that you are his wife. Sometime it takes me a while to catch on :). I'm so glad that you are doing better and that you can take care of him until he gets better too. I imagine that he's a handful.
Well, that's because we were toying with you guys about it.

Crumpy once joined another forum, Crossfire Forum , and I didn't know for weeks it was her. Damn near got myself in trouble flirting with he new gal. Couldn't help myself she was so damn cute.

The Covid experience kind of got in the way of our game.

So, it is official, for better or worse, Crumpy is the wife

And that avatar picture is of her a few weeks ago.

Cute? told ya.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just nice to see you are advancing out of covid. You had us worried.
It's gonna take a lot more than something they whipped up in Wuhan China to put down this ole Cherrokee.

My thanks and appreciation to all who prayed and watched for our well being.
As I lay in the deep throes of discomfort and mental despair, It was a comfort to know I had friends.