• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just found out the wife has COVID.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day six of the ordeal.
Anyone who has endured this disease should never vote democrat again. We know it originated in China, most likely in a government bio lab funded by the US government. That alone should have every American, if not every citizen of the world, angry.
The Russian hoax against President Trump has been proven false. But the financial ties between President Biden and China have fruited the opposite.

United States COVID-19 Statistics: 46,768,814 Cases ...

40 million votes from survivors, some 7 million from dead people. That should turn the next elections on it's head.

If, along with the good conservatives, we could count on Covid survivors to use their heads, the next election, 2022, should be landslide GOP. And poopy pants should be gone in 2024. Perhaps Trump can endure the stink in the oval office long enough to get us back on track.

In four years President Trump put us on top of the world. In four months President Obiden put us in irons. His answer, "It was the mess we inherited but, we will Build Back Better."

Build Back Better vrs America First. Which has you the most excited?

On a personal note; the wife has suffered bouts of unbridled anger and pain. Later she cannot even remember what she said. I was minutes from dialing a divorce lawyer until I realized the unreasonable and mendacious anger wasn't coming from her.
I cannot recall reading of this symptom.

The wife is still suffering sharp head pains that literally make her flinch.
Me, I'm a Cherokee mule. Some fever and weakness today but I'm over it.
More later.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I know I have been posting here with insane regularity. But under quarantine, the forum has kept me sane.

So happy to have chums around to just talk and unload. And get such positive feedback.

My thanks to all of you
This is the first forum I ever joined, I got here looking for snowcat information. The next thing I knew I was running my mouth everywhere on here. The core folks here have similar thoughts as I, you included.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day eight of Covid quarantine.
Not too bad today. Everything hurts. But chest is clear ad the fever waves have subsided mostly.
I'm pretty well caught up on old westerns now. Everything from Clint Eastwood to John Wayne to James Drury and Gunsmoke.

Good news is I am also upon Medicare opportunities and know they and the phone calls are absolutely "FREE"

I am always amazed at how much money insurance companies are willing to spend to sign me up for free shit.

They are worse than political candidates.

The wife is still down. Had a few anger episodes I cannot fathom. Later she has no recall. These have me worried.

I suspect I have two more tough days. She is five days ahead of me and yet not as well along in the fight. I hope she appreciates the value of living with a stubborn old injun'.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I watched every show on Netflix and prime video, when I was down. Your wife got the anxiety that I got. My wife still has a brain fog a couple months later. Its a weird disease with weird symptoms, that are not the same person to person. Did you lose your taste and smell yet?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I watched every show on Netflix and prime video, when I was down. Your wife got the anxiety that I got. My wife still has a brain fog a couple months later. Its a weird disease with weird symptoms, that are not the same person to person. Did you lose your taste and smell yet?
No I did not lose taste or smell. Although I do smell pretty putrid myself right now.

Along soak in the whirlpool tub and I'll smell better.

The wife was in fowl mood Tuesday night. Unbelievably pissed about something. Wednesday morning she awaken in fighting mode. It go ugly. When reason pushed her arguments aside she got desperate and pulled the nuclear weapon,, "I want you gone."

She used it once before and, I left. Yes, for good. After we reconciled, I told to never use it again or I would leave and not return, It was unacceptable.

"I want you gone"

However, sick as she was, I couldn't leave her. So I stayed. Mad as hell but loyal to the sick woman who had better apologize soon or end up single.

Two days later she wondered why I was punishing her. I wasn't. I was just in shock that she was THAT MAD over nothing.

I found her crying uncontrollably "why are You punishing me? I told her that her husband left two days ago. On her orders. I'm just the empty shell left from her gutting him and tasked with the obligation of getting her well. I'm not at all happy about the assignment.

She didn't remember any of it. That or she is a good liar.

Thank you former Dr. Fauci and the Chinees gubmit.

Fortunately, for her, I have forgiven worse, we are back in each other's arms and graces. It does make the suffering more palatable.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I would say after I had it, to cut her a brake, I was angry also, and I was alone.( but you are the one living it right now ) Its a weird disease with weird symptoms. The anxiety felt similar to a side effect from a medication, not natural. The shitty part is, likely you, your wife, me and my wife along with everyone else, will likely get it over and over. Its not going away, sad but true.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can totally understand the brain fog. I get it occasionally since my accident and may or may not have "lost it" on everyone. My fog is due to severe head trauma from bouncing it off the pavement at a high rate of speed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope Mrs. is doing better, Francis.
Some of my residents also had anger issues related to "covid brain", or whatever it actually is.
Confusion, anger, you name it.
For most of them, I feel like it was more having to be separated from their family anger.
Add dementia ontop of that and omg.
So far we haven't seen that this time around.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What I know is no matter the pressure, pain or mental confusion, I would never give up one ounce of my faith or my loyalty to my wife.
Standards and principals. I have always been able to rely on them in any crisis, To quote the wife, "perhaps they are too high for most people to meet."

It is not high standards and principles that are the issue. It is the discipline required to keep them

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What I know is no matter the pressure, pain or mental confusion, I would never give up one ounce of my faith or my loyalty to my wife.
Standards and principals. I have always been able to rely on them in any crisis, To quote the wife, "perhaps they are too high for most people to meet."

It is not high standards and principles that are the issue. It is the discipline required to keep them
Amen!
❤😊

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 10.

Not doing well at all. Body aches beyond measure.

Cannot eat
Cannot sleep
I get up to pee and then drink a glass of water. Then lay back down

The wife is better but still down,
I need assistance just to get out of bed

Jesse seems to be doing well. But then kids handle it better.

I just want to die,

Ironman

Day 10.

Cannot eat
Cannot sleep

I just want to die,
Try to stay strong brother! Prayers sent

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 10.

Cannot eat
Cannot sleep

I just want to die,
Do you have a finger blood oxygen meter? They are cheap and available from Amazon, Walgreens, CVS, etc. About $20. If your O2 reading falls below 90% get to an emergency room.

This is a real disease. Treat is seriously. Take precautions.

EDIT ... FWIW, on my unit my index finger tends to test lower O2 reading than when I test on my ring finger. I assume it is calluses on my index finger? In any case I use my ring finger for my testing.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good advice Bob. Blood oxygen meters are key. If you don't already have one have your kids pick up one for you.
Good luck kicking covid's but Franc. More prayers coming your direction.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke this morning about 2;00 AM Bed was completely soaked I mean swimming pool soaked. Put about three 16 oz glasses of water in and climbed into the tub, Whirlpool for hours.
Chest pains telling me the lungs are affected so I tried to get out. Barely made it. As I walked back to bed, I collapsed I'm on 02now. 15 milliliters.

Bringmefausci'shead!!!!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke this morning about 2;00 AM Bed was completely soaked I mean swimming pool soaked. Put about three 16 oz glasses of water in and climbed into the tub, Whirlpool for hours.
Chest pains telling me the lungs are affected so I tried to get out. Barely made it. As I walked back to bed, I collapsed I'm on 02now. 15 milliliters.

Bringmefausci'shead!!!!!
Hi Franc, You are in the worse part now according to my experience with it. It is very difficult eat as I know, but you must force yourself. I could handle gatoraid and frozen fruit bars, plus the frozen fruit bars cooled me down. Keep an eye on your O2. The worse part for me lasted around 5 days before I started recovering. There again, YOU HAVE TO EAT even though it turns your stomach to look at it. Take Tylenol or aspirin helps a lot also. Take showers when you feel the hottest, it helps. You got this, you are half way or more now.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
As for chest pain, I didn't have pain but had a girgling sensation in my chest ( Broncial ). Likely not in your lungs. I gargled with mouthwash every 4 hours. to attempt keeping it out of my lungs. As bad as you feel, just remember more than 99% of folks come out the other end.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have a finger blood oxygen meter? They are cheap and available from Amazon, Walgreens, CVS, etc. About $20. If your O2 reading falls below 90% get to an emergency room.

This is a real disease. Treat is seriously. Take precautions.

EDIT ... FWIW, on my unit my index finger tends to test lower O2 reading than when I test on my ring finger. I assume it is calluses on my index finger? In any case I use my ring finger for my testing.
A former paramedic I am armed to treat anybody but myself. Yes I have a finger BOM.
Also a Sphygmomanometer and O2
Thanks for asking

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Franc, You are in the worse part now according to my experience with it. It is very difficult eat as I know, but you must force yourself. I could handle gatoraid and frozen fruit bars, plus the frozen fruit bars cooled me down. Keep an eye on your O2. The worse part for me lasted around 5 days before I started recovering. There again, YOU HAVE TO EAT even though it turns your stomach to look at it. Take Tylenol or aspirin helps a lot also. Take showers when you feel the hottest, it helps. You got this, you are half way or more now.
Yeah, no apatite and amazingly no thirst. I'm forcing myself to consume 16 ounces of water every two hours.
Fruit and soup broth, also require some discipline to consume. Glad I went to medical school.

Showers, yes. And cool whirlpool bouts.

thanks

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As for chest pain, I didn't have pain but had a girgling sensation in my chest ( Broncial ). Likely not in your lungs. I gargled with mouthwash every 4 hours. to attempt keeping it out of my lungs. As bad as you feel, just remember more than 99% of folks come out the other end.
My issue there is I have COPD. So my lungs are compromised. So prophylacticaly, I have double downn on my meds fo it.