• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

John Deere 690ELC

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Could you be a little more specific as to what you want to do. The way I understand it is how do you as an individual adjust from running JD controls to cat controls.

Kirkby’s

Yes that is right, I just bought this excavator and it has John Deere controls and I would like to switch the hydraulic lines to achieve cat controls

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help you there. Are you too old of a dog to learn new tricks. Not being a smarta$$, I'm sure someone who's never run either can learn the JD controls. It's simply all about muscle memory.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help you there. Are you too old of a dog to learn new tricks. Not being a smarta$$, I'm sure someone who's never run either can learn the JD controls. It's simply all about muscle memory.

I just spent my first day on my JD310 and, at day's end, could run it blindfolded. Even reaching around every couple minutes to bring the backhoe up to home position cause it bleeds off.

I'm used to my Case cat which had both a bucket/blade and a backhoe. Just like the JD. BUT,,, DIFFERENT CONTROLS.

Before that, or actually at the same time, My 39 Ford 9N with a bucket and a back blade had very
different controls. No problem.

Now going form my wife's 2002 minivan to my own 2002 Jeep Cherokee ( Or our older but same series '99 minivan) is a whole nuther matter. Why oh why do they change the wands that control lights, wipers, turn signals, and why can they not have radio and ventilation controls in the same place????

I own five Chrysler products of this vintage. NOT ONE IS THE SAME!

The vehicles are the same so "New and Improved" means they moved some of the switches.?!?!?!

Last edited:

Kirkby’s

All our other machines are cat with cat controls and we jump from machine to machine so I am trying to keep them all the same and yes I can run either

thepooguy

i think you will find its backhoe or excavator controls. the new stuff you dont have to switch lines. what year is the machine"

Tye one on

There are pilot control lines in the access panel under the cab. There is a schematic available for labeling them then swapping them around to whatever control pattern you desire. I can’t seem to find the schematic but should be readily available at your local Deere dealer.