Jesus Christ; islam vs. Christianity

SShepherd

Jesus is a messenger (Prophet) in Qur’an:
“He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet.”(19:30, Yusif Ali)
“O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali) (emphasis mine)
Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!” (5:575, Yusif Ali)

Jesus is God in the Bible
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.”
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14)

The Crucifixion denied in the Qur’an:
“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.” (4:157,Yusif Ali) (Emphasis mine)

The Crucifixion told in the Bible:
“And He, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha, 18 where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. 19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.” (John 19:17-20)
“After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.” (John 19:28-30)

You are cursed if you say Jesus is God’s Son in Qur’an:
The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)
“Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. 35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son.Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.” (19:34-35, Yusif Ali) (Emphasis mine)

Don't let people say Islam and Christianity have the same G-d

MrLovable

SUPER Site Supporter
I do not consider islam a religion so I cannot compare it to Christianity and never have. The word islam is not even worthy of a capital letter unless it happens to be the first word in a sentence. It is a political philosophy and a terror cult. A virus.

Prove me wrong, anyone?

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
How anyone in their right mind can consider islam a religion is beyond me. it was made up by a pedophile and murderer for God sake.

MrLovable

SUPER Site Supporter
How anyone in their right mind can consider islam a religion is beyond me. it was made up by a pedophile and murderer for God sake.

We've had a few here that believe that, Mr. Libs. One of them pops in here from time to time until the truth and common sense sends them on a sabbatical for awhile. :yum:

Kane

These Muslim murderers are standing behind a horribly tortured interpretation of the Holy Quar'an ... a contradictory religious manual written by the pedophile prophet Mohammad. But instead of languishing thru the Three Phases of Jihad as taught by the Quar'an, these evil motherfuckerers are leaping right into a bloody and horrific Offensive Jihad.

But you're right. Islam, as practiced by radical Muslims, surely isn't a religion. It's an excuse. It's an excuse for young, disenfranchised, disillusioned, loser Arabs to find their place in society by lopping off the heads of Christians, Jews and moderate Muslims. These young men have failed miserably to assimilate into "normal" society. So ruthlessly murdering innocent people gives them meaning in life ... and hoping against all hope that the promise of 76 young, sex pot virgins in the afterlife isn't a lie.

Radical Islam is not a religion, but an political ideology that gives hope to young Arabic losers. Their collective goal is to start an apocalyptic war ... an end-of-the-world war ... of opposing ideologies.

They have nothing to lose. Nothing.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
John Hagee’s son Matthew has a ministry that uses the crescent moon of Islam and the christian cross as a logo.
Notice that the moon and cross are enclosed in a five pointed star (pentagram) which seems to be inverted. This upside down star has widely been used by Satanists.

As for the "globalism" promoted by Crislam, various prophetic books of the Bible warn against this. Only the true Lord and Savior is fit to rule the entire world. Anyone else who attempts this is a type of anti-Christ.
There has been more than one anti-Christ (think Hitler) most people only think of the "Big" one who will appear before the return of the true Christ.

d4w6zBak

I do not consider islam a religion so I cannot compare it to Christianity and never have. The word islam is not even worthy of a capital letter unless it happens to be the first word in a sentence. It is a political philosophy and a terror cult. A virus.

Prove me wrong, anyone?
Let me prove to you that Wolverine exists by reading the X-men Comics.

d4w6zBak

How about you try to prove that 1.6 billion muslims is more delusional than you..then we'll have a conversation.

d4w6zBak

insults instead of debate, ya you'll last long
When I call someone who believes in a god that no one can prove exist delusional, you call that an insult. However when someone claims that this god does exist, you call it truth. And when people argue which of their made up gods is the real deal you call it a debate. LOL.

d4w6zBak

:yum: I'm still trying to figure out who Wolverine is and what he has to do with the muzslimes.
You have to start living in reality mate. What I'm trying to say is ..if you're using the bible to justify the presence of your god. It's like using the books of Harry Potter to prove the presence of wizards. And if you don't know who Harry Potter is you must be a time traveller from another time.:D

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe if we don't feed the Troll he will crawl back under the bridge and leave us alone? :ermm:

MrLovable

SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe if we don't feed the Troll he will crawl back under the bridge and leave us alone? :ermm:

I welcome new members. Differing opinions are good and healthy, even when their opinions are wrong, like this guy's. :big grin:

However, to come on here without checking in to the intro section and then immediately start throwing out insults is just merely being a troll. Most likely some 10 year old whose mother has no idea what him/her is doing on the 'puter. :yum:

Time to move on, nothing of interest here.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-biggerstaff-family-22675626-412-341.jpg

SShepherd

When I call someone who believes in a god that no one can prove exist delusional, you call that an insult. However when someone claims that this god does exist, you call it truth. And when people argue which of their made up gods is the real deal you call it a debate. LOL.

1)
I don't care what your opinion is of someone else
2)
Discuss the topic of the thread if you like but I'm pretty sure your opinion of someone else here falls under #1

SShepherd

interesting thought

Franklin Graham

Why do followers of Islam and Christianity react so differently to the public ridicule and mocking of their respective faiths? Christianity has been repeatedly ...lampooned by Charlie Hebdo, but there have been no riots, assassinations or murderous threats.
Here is what I believe is the fundamental distinction: Christianity has a Savior who has been beaten and battered. A Savior who endured the public ridicule and mockery of crowds as He was stripped and hung on a Roman cross for our sins. A Savior who was betrayed and spat upon and who endured shame and derision so that we might be redeemed.
Our God does not need to be defended. He is holy, all-powerful and eternal. He needs no man to protect His honor. He is the sovereign of the universe who does whatever He pleases, and whose counsel and purpose can never be thwarted. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Creator, Sustainer and End of all things. He will have the last word on the Day of Judgment when all men will bow before Him.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member

You have to start living in reality mate. What I'm trying to say is ..if you're using the bible to justify the presence of your god. It's like using the books of Harry Potter to prove the presence of wizards. And if you don't know who Harry Potter is you must be a time traveller from another time.:D

Welcome to the forums ....but your are way off topic of this thread. Feel free to start a thread if you truly want to discuss God, Harry Potter or anything else.you might or might not believe in.