• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

James O’Keefe says he will sue Twitter for defamation after his account is suspended

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Sky News Australia

1.44M subscribers
Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe has responded to Twitter's decision to shut down his account by announcing he will sue the tech giant for defamation. In a post on the Project Veritas website, Mr O’Keefe released an email he received from Twitter. “You may not register or create fake and misleading accounts or use multiple accounts to manipulate Twitter conversations”, it reads. “This account will not be reinstated." James O’Keefe responded by slamming Twitter and announcing he would sue the company. “I am suing Twitter for defamation because they said I, James O’Keefe, ‘operated fake accounts'," he said. “This is false, this is defamatory, and they will pay. Section 230 may have protected them before, but it will not protect them from me. The complaint will be filed Monday.” The news comes after Project Veritas relaunched its #ExposeCNN campaign and shared a video of CNN technical director Charlie Chester admitting his organisation had political bias and its focus for the 2020 election was to get Trump out of office.

Roofgardener

Hmm.. I think this is a publicity stunt ? I'm betting the 'lawsuite' will never actually be filed.

I mean.. how can he sue for 'defamation' when Twitter sent him an email that - presumably - only he can read ?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm.. I think this is a publicity stunt ? I'm betting the 'lawsuite' will never actually be filed.

I mean.. how can he sue for 'defamation' when Twitter sent him an email that - presumably - only he can read ?
I do not know how.
But I do know Project Veritas has never been beaten in court. They seem to know when they have a good case.
I hope they destroy CNN in court. We need to hear the truth for a change. CNN is a propaganda machine for the left.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not that I know of
O'keefe is currently making the claim. I have no reason to doubt him.
Of course he is on my side of the fence...

Roofgardener

Not that I know of
O'keefe is currently making the claim. I have no reason to doubt him.
Of course he is on my side of the fence...
Veritas is NOT a good organisation. They maliciously edit their video interviews, changing the order of words etc, to make their 'targets' look bad.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Veritas is NOT a good organisation. They maliciously edit their video interviews, changing the order of words etc, to make their 'targets' look bad.
You and I are going to disagree here. The MSM's are doing what you say Veritas is doing.
You should get your facts straight. On the other side of the pond, who knows what bull sh1t you are digesting.

Clearly they agree with me in Australia... Wasn't that a a British colony lol? ;)

Roofgardener

You and I are going to disagree here. The MSM's are doing what you say Veritas is doing.
;)
TRue, but that is no excuse.
You should get your facts straight. On the other side of the pond, who knows what bull sh1t you are digesting.
Any UK media organisation doing this would be destroyed if it tried this. The UK public wouldn't stand for it. For that matter, the Broadcast watchdog and the Media watchdogs would fine them into oblivion, if not actually outright pull their license to broadcast.
Clearly they agree with me in Australia... Wasn't that a a British colony lol?
Well.. a British open prison, perhaps ? :p

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
TRue, but that is no excuse.

Any UK media organisation doing this would be destroyed if it tried this. The UK public wouldn't stand for it. For that matter, the Broadcast watchdog and the Media watchdogs would fine them into oblivion, if not actually outright pull their license to broadcast.

Well.. a British open prison, perhaps ? :p
I am well aware of the media situation in your nation. It sucks, just as it does here. You get fed a spoon fed narrative of ONLY what GLOBALISTS want you to hear, and accept it as FACT... Over here there is an attempt to hide what they are up to.... Until you see key words like "COULD BE, MAYBE SOME TIMES, ANNONOMOUS SOURCE SAY, AND MANY MORE.... Another tactic is to tell you what to think in the title of the article. LOL what idiot would recognize such garbage and opinion as fact? Since when do journalists do such bull shit in the title? Since Donald Trump scared the fucking hell out of the globalist who control the media to spew their narrative. His populist nationalist theme can not be tolerated by those who's media is fucking with YOUR MIND!!!
Take the red pill damn it, NOW!

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most people would seriously disagree with you about them being a bad organization. They are viewed as a watchdog group here, providing a public service.

Yes, they do some editing but they also provide a lot of raw unedited footage too.

You want to see deceptive edits then watch CBS News's 60 MINUTES news show. Or you want to see some outright fraudulent and biased reporting then read The New York Times. Oddly, both 60 MINUTES and the NY Times were, 20-30+ years ago beacons of journalistic integrity and now both are untrusted sources. Both, to my mind, are about as objective as the BBC, which is also very difficult to trust.

Roofgardener

Most people would seriously disagree with you about them being a bad organization. They are viewed as a watchdog group here, providing a public service.

Yes, they do some editing but they also provide a lot of raw unedited footage too.

You want to see deceptive edits then watch CBS News's 60 MINUTES news show. Or you want to see some outright fraudulent and biased reporting then read The New York Times. Oddly, both 60 MINUTES and the NY Times were, 20-30+ years ago beacons of journalistic integrity and now both are untrusted sources. Both, to my mind, are about as objective as the BBC, which is also very difficult to trust.
Firstly, the BBC does not stoop to the sort of overt propagandising that the NYT, WaPo, CNN and (most recently) 60 minutes have done.

Secondly, Veritas uses deceptive techniques to try and paint their 'targets' in an unflattering light, using similar techniques to the recent 60-Minutes program. I don't care if the 'opposition' does this too; you fight lies with the truth, not more lies.

Thirdly; there IS no third point, so I'm going to abruptly

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Secondly, Veritas uses deceptive techniques to try and paint their 'targets' in an unflattering light, using similar techniques to the recent 60-Minutes program. I don't care if the 'opposition' does this too; you fight lies with the truth, not more lies.

And you think this is worse that out right lies or omissions?
How many times was Donald Trump or any republican for that matter framed and slandered by the media?
This is lying partisan media being held accountable for slander and lies. This also frames and proves the Big Tech Giants as colluding for the aid of one another when being attacked or to support their "woke" bull shit. It is indeed big tech against the world.
Who's side are you on again? Red pill yet? lol

Oh and one more thing. I wager O'keef will take a big financial bite $$$$ out of Twitter. :thumbup: This will cost them. And it will pave the way to more such lawsuits.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Firstly, the BBC does not stoop to the sort of overt propagandising that the NYT, WaPo, CNN and (most recently) 60 minutes have done.

Secondly, Veritas uses deceptive techniques

My friends and family in the UK consider the BBC to be fear mongers and propaganda peddlers. Sorry you can’t see it.

PV edits but not deceptively as MSNBC, CNN and others to. One must edit for brevity. It is necessary. But when one edits to alter content perception, like many news outlets do, then that is propaganda. PV is exposing the lies.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Project Veritas actually just won a State Supreme Court ruling against the New York Times in a defamation case which the NY Times had tried to get thrown out. The case moves forward to discovery and will likely end up with embarrassing results for the NYT and some of its reporters. Be careful what you say about a group that has a history of actually winning the battles against the establishment journalists and even against politicians.

Roofgardener

Project Veritas actually just won a State Supreme Court ruling against the New York Times in a defamation case which the NY Times had tried to get thrown out. The case moves forward to discovery and will likely end up with embarrassing results for the NYT and some of its reporters. Be careful what you say about a group that has a history of actually winning the battles against the establishment journalists and even against politicians.
Ooooh right.. that's very encouraging. Lets see how the actual defamation case pans out ?

Roofgardener

My friends and family in the UK consider the BBC to be fear mongers and propaganda peddlers. Sorry you can’t see it.

PV edits but not deceptively as MSNBC, CNN and others to. One must edit for brevity. It is necessary. But when one edits to alter content perception, like many news outlets do, then that is propaganda. PV is exposing the lies.
I CAN see it, particularly in their coverage of the Brexit vote, and also their historic coverage of Global Warming. However, it is a very subtle bias, as compared to the USA where 'news itemss' and 'opinion pieces' seem to be blurred.

Roofgardener

How many times was Donald Trump or any republican for that matter framed and slandered by the media?
More times than I could count !
This is lying partisan media being held accountable for slander and lies. This also frames and proves the Big Tech Giants as colluding for the aid of one another when being attacked or to support their "woke" bull shit. It is indeed big tech against the world.
Who's side are you on again? Red pill yet? lol
I still don't approve of using the techniques of lying and disinformation, no matter what the provocation.
Oh and one more thing. I wager O'keef will take a big financial bite $$$$ out of Twitter. :thumbup: This will cost them. And it will pave the way to more such lawsuits.
Sadly, I think he is onto a loser there. In order to be defamed, third-parties have to see the 'lie'. But nobody - other than himself - saw it. It was a private email.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
More times than I could count !

I still don't approve of using the techniques of lying and disinformation, no matter what the provocation.

Sadly, I think he is onto a loser there. In order to be defamed, third-parties have to see the 'lie'. But nobody - other than himself - saw it. It was a private email.
The left wing media here think nothing of using techniques of lying and disinformation daily.
Project Veritas exposes this when they are able to. Why? to get at the most important thing of all.
THE TRUTH.
When Media lies and tell mistruths, they need to be held accountable. PV uses insider whistle blowers to expose the truth.
You keep saying they lie. Sorry I just don't see it here. In this case CNN has an employee who is recording unannounced. He is recording the truth about what goes on at CNN. Is this a lie? Nope.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very valid point.

As the media is very good at NOT reporting news, it will be a small % of the population who sees his victory.

Roofgardener

The left wing media here think nothing of using techniques of lying and disinformation daily.
Project Veritas exposes this when they are able to. Why? to get at the most important thing of all.
THE TRUTH.
When Media lies and tell mistruths, they need to be held accountable. PV uses insider whistle blowers to expose the truth.
You keep saying they lie. Sorry I just don't see it here. In this case CNN has an employee who is recording unannounced. He is recording the truth about what goes on at CNN. Is this a lie? Nope.
Well, he is reporting HIS opinion - in a bar - about CNN. But I would stress: he's a Technical Director - something between a Studio Manager and a Vision Mixer in BBC terms. He is NOT part of the editorial team; he pushes buttons for a living. Therefore it could be argued that his statements are just opinions based on hearsay ?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You could argue that but you’d be wrong. His statements have been proven true, in our courts, more often than not.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, he is reporting HIS opinion - in a bar - about CNN. But I would stress: he's a Technical Director - something between a Studio Manager and a Vision Mixer in BBC terms. He is NOT part of the editorial team; he pushes buttons for a living. Therefore it could be argued that his statements are just opinions based on hearsay ?
First off P.V. is not the one doing the talking.
Second it is an employee in an essential part of the organization. Most likely privy to what is going on. Besides PV is not using just this one insiders story. His is one of several that all corroborate one another.

Roofgardener

First off P.V. is not the one doing the talking.
Second it is an employee in an essential part of the organization. Most likely privy to what is going on. Besides PV is not using just this one insiders story. His is one of several that all corroborate one another.
Truly ? Well.. that IS different of course. Where can I see these other corroborating videos ?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Truly ? Well.. that IS different of course. Where can I see these other corroborating videos ?
Watch the interview with the heads of big Tech in Congress. They were accused there and failed in their response.
Besides any person who claims to be abreast of the news cycle should be able to see the corroboration on their own. It is far from the case that there is only one.... There are many and we can expect this sort of behavior to continue until we do away with their legal protection.
Hunter Biden's lap top is a sterling example, in unison they all committed the lie of omission and effectively burried it. this after they actually covered and introduced the story in the Democratic Primary. Duuuuhhhh.... Liar's every fucking one of them.... :furious:
Look at what they did in nearly unison to a sitting President of the United States..
Or are you being disingenuous and just playing dumb?
Go to you tube, search project veritas an go to their home page. Find and click on "video's". There are new ones being released several this week.
Your kind of like the progressive journalists you seem to like so well. You want some one else to do your work for you? LOL...
This is getting kind of old having to inform you about such basics. On your side of the pond the water is polluted even worse than it is here.
Glad to be land locked in the middle of no were. We do as we please when it comes down to it.

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So to you, people are unable to communicate in a tangible and reliable way because they are in a bar??? :lmao:
And you think the Tech Director would not know what is being said in meetings with the boss each morning?
Or have any idea of the "slant" of the news organization he works for??
Watch what Veritas is releasing as this unfolds. There is more to come, lots more, and more damning and damaging is yet to come.
CNN and the rest of cable news and to some degree Fox are nothing but damn LIARS.
This should be punishable. With luck at some future time it will be. Then we can clean up journalism so people can look up to the news and trust is once again, like we did before the liberal turds corrupted journalism. It would solve one of, if not the biggest problem our nation faces today.

Roofgardener

Watch the interview with the heads of big Tech in Congress. They were accused there and failed in their response.
Woah.. I asked about corroboration over the CNN's technical director's statements.. NOT unrelated video's that just place additional uncorroborated accusations about unrelated organisations ?
So to you, people are unable to communicate in a tangible and reliable way because they are in a bar??? :lmao:
And you think the Tech Director would not know what is being said in meetings with the boss each morning?
Or have any idea of the "slant" of the news organization he works for??
Watch what Veritas is releasing as this unfolds. There is more to come, lots more, and more damning and damaging is yet to come.
CNN and the rest of cable news and to some degree Fox are nothing but damn LIARS.
This should be punishable. With luck at some future time it will be. Then we can clean up journalism so people can look up to the news and trust is once again, like we did before the liberal turds corrupted journalism. It would solve one of, if not the biggest problem our nation faces today.
People CAN communicate in a bar.. but it hardly represents a .. well.. 'sober' and professional interview ? But leaving that to one side....
A technical director's boss would be a studio manager, who is ALSO not a member of the editorial team.

He may indeed have an opinion on the 'slant' of his organisation, and one I would agree with. But then opinions are like assholes: everybody has one.

If there is corroboration of this 'technical directors' allegations, then I am all ears. Until then, Veritas just has an uncorroborated story.

Roofgardener

I'd speculate that CNN is not denying it because the denial would give more publicity to the original Veritas video. Currently, not many people are AWARE of the video, and CNN wants to keep it that way ?