• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Insurance for our toys?

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
That's super interesting, when I called my State Farm agent they said they couldn't do it as Tucker wasn't listed as a snowmobile company for that year. I'll have to try again. Do you guys have stated value on your policies
Tenmile, the premium quote from my agent says “Base MSRP 35000”. I don’t know where he got that number, I didn’t give it to him.
Tenmile, I have a Skidozer. I don’t see why it would make a difference though.

NDPilot

SUPER Site Supporter
I do not have a farm, only 5 acres and a tractor or two, but do no agriculture other than a small garden. My policy is just for the average person, homeowners, a few cars and trucks, a liability policy, plus a couple extra things on there. I do not know where you are located, but it might be worth contacting Farm Bureau in Pocatello Idaho, agent is Erica Catt.
GMoose, I insure with Farm Bureau also, was declined. I sent you a PM. Please give me a call. Thanks

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
After reading through a few of the threads on here, I thought it would be easy to find insurance for our Sno-Cat. I was wrong. I'm not sure if situations have changed since when many of those threads were originally posted, but seems as if it's not as easy as it once was.

In my case, I'm in CO with it registered as Snowmobile. My homeowners won't add it as a rider, and my independent agent can't find someone to register it as a snowmobile (i.e. Progressive which one person on here said they used advised because it's on tracks and not skis, they won't cover it). I've gone so far as to look at Commercial insurance, but that's a hefty price tag for the privilege.

So, what say you? What are people doing for insurance and what are you paying?
What part of Colorado are you in? My Insurance company just agreed to write Full Coverage for my 1963 Tucker as an addition to coverage for home and equipment. Be glad to give you their contact info.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike's agent was most helpful in sharing how and what they did to get him coverage! However since I'm out of state, they couldn't issue the policy but now I know what to ask for. I'll update if there's positive progress!

TenMile, Did you ever find coverage? Just what did the Allstate agent in Washington say about coverage and how they made it work? Really never thought it would end up being this much of a PITA.

tenmile

I did, but not in an easy/inexpensive way: it's insured under a business policy as a piece of equipment (i.e. a tractor). @tom How did you end up getting yours insured?

vintagebike

Be careful. Some insurance policies will cover you for equipment added to an existing policy but only if used on property you own or control. My State Farm agent in Idaho was able to offer a stand alone policy with $1M general liability and a collision/theft/comprehensive section with a stated value of $50K for our Snow Trac.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeup. I have everything thru SF and all was going well until it came up that it would only be valid to provide coverage on my personal property. The wife would be pretty pissed with me running thru the flower beds just to go for a cruise. Most use would be in NY at a private land locked hunting club I'm a member of (3800 acres), but I am not the sole land owner. Denied.

timbo

Mine is insured by Farm Bureau here in Wyoming, under "inland marine" coverage. Less than <$100/year, if I recall.