• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

in search of :

TJR

I am looking for any parts resources for my Imp project - dash, gauges , wiper motor , wiper arms . I am about 1/2 way with rebuilding my tracks - rear hubs re-tooled as the bolt circles had been hallowed out - new belts have arrived ,and grouser repairs are monotonous - started with track overhaul as the videos I've watched put the track work as the worst part - motor starts and idles - good fluid condition , but a closer inspection is probably the smart way to go . I have noted on this site that for the most part this is the site to look for and ask about - any "IMP" put will be helpful. Thankyou in advance
1617675117090.jpeg

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
As far as wiper motors, my 1984 DMC 1450 came with some spare parts. One of which is a NOS wiper motor. The box is labeled "American Bosch Heavy Duty Electric Windshield Wiper" and the part number is WWF 12A13-720S. I don't know what the part number of the wiper arms is or the wiper blades.

Lousy wiper systems are a pet peeve of mine. On Tuckers and Thiokols it seems they were almost an afterthought, rather than someone putting in the effort to produce a system that actually worked well.

Some years ago forum member Cloudcap did a very well done thread on a wiper system upgrade for Imps. I would suggest you go this route rather than try and replicate the factory's less-than-stellar system. Here's a link:

One of my standard suggestions for new Tucker owners is to call the factory with the serial number and ask for the order sheet. Thiokol/DMC/LMC are no longer in business, but you might try Peterson Equipment in Logan, UT (long time snowcat dealer for Thiokol/DMC/LMC and now Pisten Bully). Another option is Dan Gates at Snowcat Service in SLC. I think he may have the records as well.

Good luck!