• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I need more dirt !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I been digging a big area out beside the house for a new RV garage . All the dirt went to the pasture out front to give it a nice gentle slope all the way from the house . Around 100 -10 wheeler truck loads . I spread it around ,reseeded the pasture and overlaid in old straw . It looks great .
Problem is I need more dirt and I have finished digging out the bank .

The area I need to fix is on the backside of my little lake . As I drove by looking at it , it HIT ME !!!! :w00t2::w00t2:Dig out the lake and use the material from it to fix the pasture . What a knucklehead I am . This is so simple and I never even considered it . :clap:
So today the lake is going to be enlarged a little bit . I figure about 5 trucks ought to do it . It is close enough that once the material dries out ,it is close enough to move with my little tractor .

I have gotten more done around this old place these past 5 months since my surgery , than in the last 5 years . At this rate I should be all done building and remodeling the ranch in about 1 month .:biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen if you have any extra dirt bring it to me. All I have is clay.

We dug out a new swimming pool/patio area about 4 years ago and removed 55 -10 wheel dump truck loads of clay. None of it left the property, some went into a shooting berm, some went into a privacy berm along the road, most of it went to level the back yard area behind my workshop. But its tough to grow grass in clay. Despite annual seeding, and overseeding, and even spreading truckloads of black dirt (purchased and hauled in), I still have plenty of bare spots that need grass.

So I need dirt too!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't let the EPA or the Feds find out you are messing with a water supply. They got nothing better to do than bust people for messing with lakes and stuff. :rolleyes:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't let the EPA or the Feds find out you are messing with a water supply. They got nothing better to do than bust people for messing with lakes and stuff. :rolleyes:

My Lake , My water , and I got the legal water rights to back me up .I can legally pull 200,000 gallons a day and they can not say shit . Screens on both inlet and outlet so Fish & Game can kiss my ass too . I dare the little bastards to even try and fuck with me .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My Lake , My water , and I got the legal water rights to back me up .I can legally pull 200,000 gallons a day and they can not say shit . Screens on both inlet and outlet so Fish & Game can kiss my ass too . I dare the little bastards to even try and fuck with me .

Do you honestly believe that? The feds screw with people like you just because they can. They don't care since they are never held accountable.