• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am confused

Ross 650

Site Supporter
All news this morning is about the Russian plane taking down a drone by damaging the propeller. I have been looking at pictures of that drone and the prop is pretty well protected by 3 stabilizers. The Russian plane was a jet fighter which would be much faster than the drone. How did the jet hit the prop without tearing the drone to pieces and having damage to the plane?????

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The prop on the drone sticks pretty far out the back.
The Russian jet could come in precisely, sticking the tip of his nose into the blades.
A fighter jet can slow down quite a bit. I was at an airshow last year where a WWII fighter was flanked by 2 modern jets and the jets were slow enough to keep pace.

iu

iu

Ross 650

Site Supporter
It still seems iffy to me. If that drone had taken any evasive manuvers that Russian pilot must have really been good. I wonder what damage the jet suffered from that propeller. I also wonder why the jet didnt just shoot it down. I dont think we are getting the full story from our dumbocrat leaders.

chowderman

see pix of the Russian jet type - plan ahead, replace nose cone with propeller basher, gear down, flaps down, fly up the drone's tail and clip the prop.
or, extend refueling boom . . . and . . .

definitely not an "accident" - pre-planned. I'm surprised there was no "recovery" ship "accidentally in the area"

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks like the air speed indicator sticking out the nose of that jet. That alone slapped into the drone prop may be enough.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
That drone must have been flying at a steady speed and in a straight line. I dont think it would have taken much manuvering to keep that prop safe. The more I hear about it and think about it, the less I believe their B.S. Have a goodun!!!!

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Well, they are saying that the Russian dropped fuel on it so whoever was controlling the drone must have known that danger was imminent. Oh well, we lost a drone but our borders are safe and controlled!!!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The drone is flown remotely by a youngster in a glassed, airconditioned office. I doubt he has a rear view camera on his monitor.

chowderman

the Russians are claiming the mid-air collision was due to "violent maneuver by the drone"
so, yes indeed, one cannot believe anything any of the pufferies are saying.....

not sure who's track record is worser - Iran, USA, Russia, China . . oh - N.Korea for sure . . .

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Why would a pilot risk his life attempting to hit the prop?
Just get up on top, point nose up, full after burner. The drone operator would have a tough time recovering from that

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Well, the news outlets are showing video from the drone showing the jet dropping fuel on it. It also shows the propeller turning slowly and it seems that none of the blades are damaged. It seems to me that the fuel drop may have stopped the engine. The mystery just gets deeper.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
It is getting goofier. They just showed a still picture of a single prop blade bent on the end. The pictures I am seeing show a prop revolving slowly with yellow paint on the tips. The still picture with the bent blade doesnt show any yellow on the tip. Maybe it is just my old eyes but it is getting more difficult for me to believe any of this crap. Have a goodun!!!!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not believing the video either.
If that video was of the impact, why is nothing shaking in the camera? Was that jet even close enough? In the video, the blades look fine or at least in good enough shape to continue flight.
If that was a fuel dump, why is the camera lens still clear?
If that was a fuel dump, why did the jet come in from behind then veer right? Why not just get in front of the drone at the same speed then do a dump?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I strongly suspect the drone was up there providing intel for the Ukraine. All is fair in love and war as we step closer to WW3.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not believing the video either.
If that video was of the impact, why is nothing shaking in the camera? Was that jet even close enough? In the video, the blades look fine or at least in good enough shape to continue flight.
If that was a fuel dump, why is the camera lens still clear?
If that was a fuel dump, why did the jet come in from behind then veer right? Why not just get in front of the drone at the same speed then do a dump?
I think the prop turning slowly is just an effect of video recording, I don't know the name of, that makes things like props appear to be rotating slowly and sometimes rotating backward but they are turninng at speed.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Regardless of the speed of rotation, do you see any damage?? I keep seeing the picture and to my eyes the blades look undamaged. With the mindless creature that we have in the White House, I am having a difficult time believing any of this crap!!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the prop turning slowly is just an effect of video recording, I don't know the name of, that makes things like props appear to be rotating slowly and sometimes rotating backward but they are turninng at speed.
Agreed that it's a camera thing but the blades still appear to be fully intact.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Well, the confusion gets stronger for me. I watched news at noon and got another story. They said that the first jet didnt hit the drone it just dropped the fuel on it. There was a tiny black spot in the rear of the picture which it was said was the plane that hit the drone propeller. It also showed the bent blade without the yellow paint. This is getting to be entertainment like a parlor game. Have a goodun!!!