• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Huge Win at the Supreme Court for Religious Freedom and the Important Precedent it Set

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is the obligation of our federal government to defend and protect those fundamental rights guaranteed in the sacred documents of our founding.

If we can send the national guard to a public school to defend a black child's right to attend the "white", we can force those elements who wish to silence the free practice of religion to stand down.

It is about time the SCOTUS made that obligation clear.

kc3tec

I myself am an athiest.( before anyone starts flinging stone let me explain something)
An athiest is NOT a devil worshipper!
We have no particular belief and our lives are un cluttered by the baggage of a religion.
I have studied the bible, the talmud, and even the islamic texts. And know them well.
I am not a militant one who seeks to deny others the opportunity to worship but sit quietly out of respect for them.
Religion has its purpose for many but not me.

My major irritation is the fact that i can have it posted in very large letters stating the fact, and yet there is no shortage of individuals and groups who absolutely insist on trying to "convert" me

I generally try to politely refuse them, but if they persist too much it will not go down very well for them.
There has been times ive had to send out notarized Cease and Desist letters and once nearly filed a PFA.

So being a non believer does not make me evil in any way shape or form
But i will say this
If i am respecting your rights to worship by not interfering, then grant me the same courtesy by not pushing a religion on me because i dont want to hear it.

Reason10

I myself am an athiest.( before anyone starts flinging stone let me explain something)
We have no particular belief and our lives are un cluttered by the baggage of a religion.
I have studied the bible, the talmud, and even the islamic texts. And know them well.
I am not a militant one who seeks to deny others the opportunity to worship but sit quietly out of respect for them.

My major irritation is the fact that i can have it posted in very large letters stating the fact, and yet there is no shortage of individuals and groups who absolutely insist on trying to "convert" me

I generally try to politely refuse them, but if they persist too much it will not go down very well for them.
There has been times ive had to send out notarized Cease and Desist letters and once nearly filed a PFA.

But i will say this
If i am respecting your rights to worship by not interfering, then grant me the same courtesy by not pushing a religion on me because i dont want to hear it.
If you are an atheist, then there's no way you're ANY kind of a worshipper. I imagine you wouldn't even worship Elvis.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

But i will say this
When has our government pushed religion on to you?

This SCOTUS ruling was about the very opposite of that.

Social pressures are a completely different thing. And there should be no law regarding that. Sorry but in a free nation, you will have to handle that yourself.

God may or may not be real, but He does exist in the minds, and lives, o many people around you. And that's just the Judea/Christian population.

Other religions are practiced freely here.

Including atheism which is just another belief. Are not the moral beliefs of atheist similar to that of most religions? Or do atheist reject such reasoning as "morality?"
Excuse me but, it has been my experience that atheists are amoung the most episcopal of believers.

Enjoy your freedom to do so but scold me not for exhibiting my faith in my life.
Yes, it works both ways pal.

kc3tec

Did i say the government was pushing it on me?
No i did not
If you even read what i posted you would have seen " i respect others religious beliefs and do not interfere but sit quietly"

When i post a sign that says No Religious Solicitation. It gets ignored and im inundated with jehovahs witness, continuosly plagued with fliers in spite of going to the senders and politely telling them to stop.
And worst of all when im trying to enjoy a quiet meal there is always some preaching.

A belief is a private matter and private is what it should be.
Now im not displaying any animosity here.
Only asking please just keep it to yourself.

Now as i stated if you wanted a few moments to say a prayer i will not be an ass and bother you during your prayer,
that is being respectful of your belief.

Would you rather i be a militant athiest and do everything i can to disrupt your worship?

So all im saying is if you want to preach to someone preach to a mirror, or better yet go out in the woods and preach to a tree stump.
Im sure it will sit there quietly and listen forever.

And as far as my moral values you would probably be very surprised but my moral standards are often way loftier than that of others.
Integrity, kindness and compassion are vitally important to me. And yes im often very disappointed in others.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Did i say the government was pushing it on me?
No i did not
If you even read what i posted you would have seen " i respect others religious beliefs and do not interfere but sit quietly"

When i post a sign that says No Religious Solicitation. It gets ignored and im inundated with jehovahs witness, continuosly plagued with fliers in spite of going to the senders and politely telling them to stop.
And worst of all when im trying to enjoy a quiet meal there is always some preaching.

A belief is a private matter and private is what it should be.
Now im not displaying any animosity here.
Only asking please just keep it to yourself.

Now as i stated if you wanted a few moments to say a prayer i will not be an ass and bother you during your prayer,
that is being respectful of your belief.

Would you rather i be a militant athiest and do everything i can to disrupt your worship?

So all im saying is if you want to preach to someone preach to a mirror, or better yet go out in the woods and preach to a tree stump.
Im sure it will sit there quietly and listen forever.

And as far as my moral values you would probably be very surprised but my moral standards are often way loftier than that of others.
Integrity, kindness and compassion are vitally important to me. And yes im often very disappointed in others.
I read what you posted.
You're preachin' right now.
Just as I said you would be.
Think about it.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
To be clear, there is nothing inherently wrong with atheism as a belief. It is a logical approach to the question of our existence.

Is there a God?
Are there many gods?
Is there no God?

For millennia's, humans have believed in something they cannot prove. We have built nations, societies, religious organizations, even monuments to those isms. Most believers do so because of the tradition's humanity has held for thousands of years. Such consensus does not validate the belief.

It is only for perhaps the last four hundred years, science has brought these questions to our consciencenous.

Looking from an objective perception for empirical evidence, we cannot yet prove God does exist anymore than He doesn't. To which one must logically conclude atheism is still regulated to a belief, a theory, perhaps a hope, that we humans, at the top of the evolutionary chain, are the true masters of our world.

Nothing wrong with that belief. It is based in logic. There is, after all, no proof of God, therefore He doesn't exist. However, it has no more empirical credibility than belief in a deity.

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FYI kc3tec requested multiple times to have his account deleted, and he wanted all his posts removed. If he'd read the rules he'd know we never remove posts of any user. After posting you have 60 minutes to delete your post. After that it is part of the forum database and will not be removed unless you broke a rule.
So while his posts are still here he has been banned as he requested.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My post #10 was actually made to correct any misunderstandings. Almost an apology for seeming disrespectful
ANY debate, any discussion where two or more sides do not agree ... is a form of preaching.
Exactly.

My post #10 was actually made to correct any misunderstandings. Almost an apology for seeming disrespectful
to his position. I wasn't.
LC3tec was argumentative and somewhat devious in his interactions. His common response was "Did I say,,,,yada yada?" Making it personal.

I won't miss him

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Reason10

To be clear, there is nothing inherently wrong with atheism as a belief. It is a logical approach to the question of our existence.

Is there a God?
Are there many gods?
Is there no God?

For millennia's, humans have believed in something they cannot prove. We have built nations, societies, religious organizations, even monuments to those isms. Most believers do so because of the tradition's humanity has held for thousands of years. Such consensus does not validate the belief.

It is only for perhaps the last four hundred years, science has brought these questions to our consciencenous.

Looking from an objective perception for empirical evidence, we cannot yet prove God does exist anymore than He doesn't. To which one must logically conclude atheism is still regulated to a belief, a theory, perhaps a hope, that we humans, at the top of the evolutionary chain, are the true masters of our world.

Nothing wrong with that belief. It is based in logic. There is, after all, no proof of God, therefore He doesn't exist. However, it has no more empirical credibility than belief in a deity.
The existence of God transcends human ability at this time to prove or disprove. All religion is based solely on faith, through books like the Koran, the Bible, The Torah, etc.

Don't be so quick to demand "science" to provide all the answers. Imagine Thomas Jefferson (arguably one of the most intelligent presidents of all time) suddenly being transformed to 2022 and seeing a TV show. Imagine how terrified he would be, at all that scenery, people, etc, stuck inside a small box. He would probably believe it to be the work of Demons.
Put him in traffic. Give him the keys to the car. (after his entire life of using horses for transportation.) He wouldn't last five seconds.

Belief always appears before science and proof. And today, the junk scientists who predict global warming and climate change aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer. So you can't even trust science.

In the end, it comes down to your own individual accountability.

UberBastid

I have, I think ... a unique relationship with organized religion.

I was raised in the Catholic Church. I was taught from an early age that only Catholics go to heaven. Other beliefs, even Christian beliefs, were bound for Hell.

I was groomed from a very early age for the priesthood. And, I was so into it. I studied, everything. Not just religious dogma, but everything. I devoured science, and mythology, and literature, and human anatomy and physiology.
I also studied religion, according to the Vatican. Read the bible several times, and the writings of the disciples.
Was an alter boy for three years, knew all the masses in Latin.

When I was 14 it was time to make a decision as to recommendation to seminary. After reviews, and interviews it was determined that I was 'unsuitable for Seminary training, due to a lack of faith.'

Lack of faith. Lack of faith.
Well, it kept rattling around in my head. "Lack of faith".
WTF does that even mean?

I finally came to the conclusion that it meant that I asked too many questions. And, why did I have questions? Because I also studied science, and math, and history, and ... and ... I asked questions. I tried to make them ALL WORK together.
To a 15 year old ... they should ... right?

And THAT, was just the first 1.5 decades of my life.
Yea ... I'm gonna burn in Hell.
LoL

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I have, I think ... a unique relationship with organized religion.

I was raised in the Catholic Church. I was taught from an early age that only Catholics go to heaven. Other beliefs, even Christian beliefs, were bound for Hell.

I was groomed from a very early age for the priesthood. And, I was so into it. I studied, everything. Not just religious dogma, but everything. I devoured science, and mythology, and literature, and human anatomy and physiology.
I also studied religion, according to the Vatican. Read the bible several times, and the writings of the disciples.
Was an alter boy for three years, knew all the masses in Latin.

When I was 14 it was time to make a decision as to recommendation to seminary. After reviews, and interviews it was determined that I was 'unsuitable for Seminary training, due to a lack of faith.'

Lack of faith. Lack of faith.
Well, it kept rattling around in my head. "Lack of faith".
WTF does that even mean?

I finally came to the conclusion that it meant that I asked too many questions. And, why did I have questions? Because I also studied science, and math, and history, and ... and ... I asked questions. I tried to make them ALL WORK together.
To a 15 year old ... they should ... right?

And THAT, was just the first 1.5 decades of my life.
Yea ... I'm gonna burn in Hell.
LoL

I never thought about being a priest but my parents sent me to catholic grade and high schools. I'm sure there are good ones but the ones I went to weren't good either. I excommunicated myself as soon as I got out. I have my own rapport with God now.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I also went to catholic grammar and two years of high. Got that crap beat out of my by the "christian" Brothers.
They killed a black kid there too. Didn't see him in the bottom of the pool, so they say.

Deluge

Now that it's legal to take a knee and pray to God before a high school football game; what happens when someone wants to worship the Lord of Darkness before a high school basketball game?
It won't fly in that type of setting. There are simply too many Americans that find devil worship to be repulsive and dangerous.

Now that it's legal to take a knee and pray to God before a high school football game; what happens when someone wants to worship the Lord of Darkness before a high school basketball game?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220504-115436_kindlephoto-68950898.png
    Screenshot_20220504-115436_kindlephoto-68950898.png
    297.3 KB · Views: 3
The existence of God transcends human ability at this time to prove or disprove. All religion is based solely on faith, through books like the Koran, the Bible, The Torah, etc.

Don't be so quick to demand "science" to provide all the answers. Imagine Thomas Jefferson (arguably one of the most intelligent presidents of all time) suddenly being transformed to 2022 and seeing a TV show. Imagine how terrified he would be, at all that scenery, people, etc, stuck inside a small box. He would probably believe it to be the work of Demons.
Put him in traffic. Give him the keys to the car. (after his entire life of using horses for transportation.) He wouldn't last five seconds.

Belief always appears before science and proof. And today, the junk scientiDoesnt sts who predict global warming and climate change aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer. So you can't even trust science.

In the end, it comes down to your own individual accountability.

Dr. Bill Warner explains why Islam is not a religion, but a Political Ideology. (9:02)​

51% of the Islamic Holy texts deal with how Muslims should deal with Kafirs. (Non believers.)

Deluge

But i will say this
I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but Matthew 12:30 covers this Atheism piece pretty clearly: "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad".

Now, I'm not saying that you must convert, but the Bible does state that if you're not doing the Lord's work, you're basically doing the other guy's work. That's not to say that I am guiltless, but it does help put things in perspective.