• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How to Make an Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger with George Motz

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
(3) How to Make an Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger with George Motz - YouTube

Not really a big fan of hamburgers for several decades..
This sounded interesting, and sure enough it really is. It takes a little practice, and the shaving of the onion is very important.
I used a mandolin, but found it cut to thick. With a couple of folded business cards shimming the right place, got me to almost as thin
as a deli slicer. After two attempts, and a very hot cast iron skillet I have mastered this burger. George is right, the sum is much greater than
the 5 simple ingredients. :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love a good burger. I can't seem to make a good burger but I do love them.

That looks like a tasty burger! I need that deli slicer for those paper thin onions!

We have a locally owned chain called Schoop's. I used to live a few blocks from their original shop. Still love their burgers. They now have locations scattered about, all making burgers the same old fashioned way. Always fresh meat, always to order. Fries are handout too.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
George Motz is a brother from a different mother. No Catsup on a burger, not even mustard unless called for.
I find the combination of the catsup and mustard absolutely ruins the main course, the Beef.
For years we survived field meals at lunch time eating burgers from a local cafe, now long gone, unfortunately. The owner made a really mean veggie burger that was my favorite. Nothing like a very hot flat top or cast iron pan for this task... (y)
If she were still in business I would love to have shared this onion burger with her.