• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi all new to the sight..

kenmcal

I pickup an old Cushmen Trackster. I was told the engine was bad and was removed. The engine had great compression so I reinstalled it got it running drove it from the back yard to the front yard shut it off. Three days later if fired right up wouldn't move at all I changed the filters the hoses to the coolers still no luck... My question is are these worth messing with or should I just pull the whole system out and re-power with hydraulic pump and motors. Looking at the manual is looks like it would be fairly easy just a little fabbing.
IMG_2875.jpg
IMG_2876.jpg
IMG_2877.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
great to have you join the forums

the preferred repower set up, Honda, lots of them done and well sorted out setup

good luck

kenmcal

Thanks for the advice. I get the Honda repower for the engine but I think the Transmission is shot too. It moved at first now its completely dead in the water will run but wont move. I am thinking of a whole new drive system.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's probably the cdi ignition. Causes no spark. They also have points I believe.

use to be a guy who specializes in these. Think he closed.