• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HELP IN FINDING AIR CLEANER

weatherby

Has anybody ever seen a air cleaner assy. like this. It is mounted on a 1963 Ford 223ci industrial engine.

Attachments

• air cleaner.jpg
    air cleaner.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 58

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Unfortunately, no idea what else used that exact one; that's about all I could tell you about it. I would suspect, however, there should be enough of them floating around salvage yards dealing in older stuff.

weatherby

Should be able to find it here. Little Dearborn.

I have found out after talking to different ford guys and dealerships that that air cleaner assy. was NEVER used on any Ford car or light trucks. They say it must have been used on some type of industrial equipment that used a Ford 223ci motor back in 1963.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am going out to my father in laws farm this weekend. He has and old swatter out there that had a Ford 223. I wonder if it is the same. I will check for you.

murph

Trakternut

I believe that to be correct, weatherby. The automotive use had the air cleaner assy. mounted directly on top of the carburator. What you show here would be used in some application where there's little headroom above the engine and/or the need to be able to service engine componants from the side. I wonder if they were used in some self propelled windrowers in the agriculture sector. You might try to establish which did, and contact dealerships to see if they're available as NOS.
Just an idea.....:ermm:

weatherby

I am going out to my father in laws farm this weekend. He has and old swatter out there that had a Ford 223. I wonder if it is the same. I will check for you.

murph

That would be GREAT Thanks. Also thanks Trakternut & spiffy.