• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Health insurance costs explained....

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I just came across this site and after reading just a portion of it, I now realize why a hospital stay is so expensive. It is called being ripped off by there suppliers. Read the site for your self and let me know if you agree. http://wallofshame.home.att.net/

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
No doubt that the suppliers are getting all the market can bear. But ,is the fault theirs to bear alone ? We have a system of insurance that only insists on a co-pay of maybe $20 . So, why should We as consumers worry about the cost ? I think that it may be also laid at the feet of the insureres as well . John

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John
I think you hit the nail on the head that nobody worries about the cost. The suppliers are getting rich, but why, because they are filling a need and people are buying the things that they are selling. And why are hospitals buying these things? To keep up with technology? To reduce their legal exposure? To provide good care? To comply with insurance requirements? To satisfy the demands of the people who seek care and only have to pay $20 so they can demand the best?

There are dozens of problems with health care costs no one point explains the problem because there are too many facets.

frank_f15

the only reason that some folks have copay is because the insurers charge for that, i pay $600 /mo for my insurance and the co pay are not that cheap. in this country no meds should cost as much as they do, i feel that we ARE getting ripped off by everyone, health care, oil co. etc. That is just the way i feel, Dammed if u do an Dammed if you don't. If i am not mistaken all the congress , once elected have one hell of a retirement plan and free medical, so why should they worry?:moon:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
frank_f15 said:
That is just the way i feel, Dammed if u do an Dammed if you don't. If i am not mistaken all the congress , once elected have one hell of a retirement plan and free medical, so why should they worry?:moon:

Yep Frank, you got that right. I sure wish I could vote myself pay raises, insurance coverage, a generous lifetime retirement, etc. For our checks and balances system this appears to be a weak point to me. I'm one for mandatory term limits. Let em get in, do what they can and move on.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank you are certainly correct that we are getting ripped off by EVERYONE and that is another part of the problem. The whole situation essentially anti-cost savings from start to finish.

OkeeDon

I'm one for mandatory term limits. Let em get in, do what they can and move on.
All that you're doing is guaranteeing that they will spend ALL of their short period of time doing things for THEMSELVES, and NEVER get to the work that needs to be done. That's what "doing what they can" actually means if you shorten their terms.

frank_f15

OkeeDon said:
All that you're doing is guaranteeing that they will spend ALL of their short period of time doing things for THEMSELVES, and NEVER get to the work that needs to be done. That's what "doing what they can" actually means if you shorten their terms.

YOU ARE MOST CERTANILY CORRECT but what is the better way to do it? let the politican screw over us for a short period, then let another screw over us?

EUREEKA!!!! I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA:coolshade WHY don't you guys elect ME to the senate and then i will be set for life, and i can grant you all kinds of favors just like HALLIBUTOR GETS.:cool: DAMM SOMETIMES I AM SO SMART I scare myself. hows this for a slogan FRANK-F15 WILL DO ANYTHING!!!! keep the checks rolling in boys & girls.:a1: