• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Haymaking on the 4th with a twist!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Was waiting for the neighbor coming up the drive with his baler. Out of the woods pops this big old bear to see what the noise was about. He is about 500 lbs and has a gloss to him. There have been 5 different ones hanging around here plus twin cubs. I have 10 bales in the barn and needed a break in the a/c as temps are in the upper 80's and just supposed to get hotter this week. Have about 3 times this much hay to do yet. At least we are having good weather for it.

Attachments

• hay and bear 002.jpg
    hay and bear 002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 50
  • hay and bear 003.jpg
    hay and bear 003.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 50
  • hay and bear 005.jpg
    hay and bear 005.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 50
  • hay and bear 006.jpg
    hay and bear 006.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 50
  • hay and bear 008.jpg
    hay and bear 008.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 50
  • hay and bear 010.jpg
    hay and bear 010.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 50

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics Bill , love the bear pics . looks like a nice turnout on the hay , is this your first cutting ?

Neighbors just got their second cut in before the last few days rain came . I dont beleive its ever been this good around these parts . Were surrounded by roundbails :biggrin: . Thanks for sharing .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am at our cabin, stuck inside as it is raining. The pictures bring back memories. But we had to stack it on the wagon, take it off the wagon, then put it on a conveyor and then re-stack in the barn. And no air conditioning. Ask me to do it again, yes I would. good memories

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
First cutting and first we have had more than 2 days without rain of some sort. Haymaking is going on everywhere around here. Hard to find a stretch of good weather like this for haymaking.:clap:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I got really lucky (I wish I could say good) this year and my first cutting was done on May 29th. :clap: I have been sitting all through June watching the rain and being extremely happy to have first cutting done. Now waiting patiently for second cutting. Probably the week after this coming week.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We should be baling the lower field tomorrow and cutting the rest of the fields up on the hill. Got 47 bales out of the back field and should make about 15 -18 out front. The lower stuff is shorter and a lot of clover in it so it won't make as much but will be heavier.