• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Has anyone on here served in Panama?

KobbeKid

I have a lot of memories of Panama....some of them even good.

I was with the 3rd Battalion 508th Abn Inf.

Stationed at Ft. Kobbe, Canal Zone

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A close friend from Navy Radioman 'A' school served in Panama. When the ship I was on went through the canal I was able to fly over for a short visit with him. Richard Rawlett was his name. Any chance you ran into him? A co worker named Mike Dye served there with the Air Force. He worked on the planes.

KobbeKid

A close friend from Navy Radioman 'A' school served in Panama. When the ship I was on went through the canal I was able to fly over for a short visit with him. Richard Rawlett was his name. Any chance you ran into him? A co worker named Mike Dye served there with the Air Force. He worked on the planes.
It is a small world but unfortunately I never met him...might have seen hime sometime as I drove by RodmanNaval station....Ft. Kobbe was on Howard Air Force base.

The airforce guys really had it nice....they were almost like civilians

They did not like us too much though we lived next door to them....when on our morning pt run around 6am the sound of our boots on the pavement would wake them up.....they would holler very insulting stuff at us from their windows....our Sgts. got a kick out of that...thought it was funny. hehheh
T

• Haha
Reactions: Doc